Digital Executive - London
Digital Executive (Full-Time / Permanent)
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
ZSL is seeking a Digital Executive to help develop and maintain ZSL’s digital channels including ZSL.org and related social media accounts. The successful candidate will ideally have experience working for a large, multi-faceted digital brand; proven social media skills and strong digital editorial skills across both website and social media. The role holder will also need to implement creative ideas from conception through to deployment and have the ability to work with a range of people from different backgrounds.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Working towards ZSL’s digital and social media goals, improving acquisition, retention and engagement on ZSL’s online channels and shaping social advertising campaigns
- Monitoring and reporting on website and social media KPIs.
- Sourcing, writing, editing and proof reading new online content and updating existing content, maintaining a consistent editorial style across all ZSL’s digital channels.
- Responsibility for the implementation of ZSL’s tone of voice and brand image online.
- Training staff around ZSL on digital best practice.
- Be educated to degree standard or hold equivalent demonstrable work experience in a related field.
- Have experience in running brand social media channels, including paid advertising campaigns.
- Have experience in managing content for the web, writing for digital audiences using SEO techniques.
- Have experience of using web analytics to monitor and work towards KPIs, preferably Google Analytics.
- Possess knowledge of WordPress and Drupal content management systems.
- Commercial copywriting experience and an awareness of e-commerce processes.
This is a fantastic position for an individual passionate about animals and conservation looking for employment in an international organisation. You will have exposure to a variety of directorates and an ability to shape the voice of our brand. If you have the imagination to not only problem solve but to create new opportunities to support the Digital Services department within ZSL, then we would love to hear from you.