Switchboard Operator - London
Switchboard Operator - Telephonist - St James, London
Hotel Café Royal enjoys an unrivalled setting, where the elegance of Mayfair, energy of Soho and sophistication of St. James combine. It's where history, culture, business and the stage are just steps away. That's one reason why, for 150 years, people who make a difference have made their way through these doors.
You are the “voice with a smile”, managing our hotel switchboard and dealing with all internal and external calls in a professional and efficient manner. Whilst handling a range of matters, you will offer exceptional attention to detail in hotel services knowledge and convey the appropriate tone and warmth in all communications.
You will coordinate all Housekeeping and Engineering service work orders through HotSOS, reporting guest queries to the relevant senior colleagues if no immediate solution is identified and ensuring efficient communication with guests.
This is a permanent full time position with 40 hours per week. There are various shifts involved, including occasional night shifts.
- A natural elegance and passion for providing a luxurious level of service that is personalised, confident and calm
- Proven experience in a similar guest service role, ideally on a busy switchboard
- A strong background within a 4 or 5 star hotel environment or other high end establishment
- Well versed in hotel operations, with the finesse to respond to a variety of guest requests and solve problems with efficiency, accuracy and personality
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to connect with guests who possess little English speaking ability
- Flexibility to work mornings, evenings, weekends and occasional overnight shifts
- On duty meal
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards, employee referral scheme, colleague football team
- Discounted room rates and F&B, as well as other lifestyle discounts
Ready to join the team?
Please apply through Caterer by following the 'Apply Now' link below. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.