Revenue Manager - London
Revenue Manager - Millennium & Copthorne Hotels & Chelsea FC
Reporting to: General Manager and M&C European Revenue Manager
Responsible for: Reservations Department
Working Hours: 40 hours a week, across any 5 of 7 days
Job Function: To ensure that the day-to-day operation, selling strategies and functioning of the transient reservations and groups segments are the management information and maintaining the operating systems required to serve the business.
- To monitor the manner in which transactions are processed and received to ensure the Reservations Manager is working with the team to maintain the agreed standard.
- To ensure there is opportunity for training to the Reservations team to meet the guest’s needs at all times by offering and promoting all the services and facilities offered at the Millennium and Copthorne hotels at Chelsea.
- To hold a Revenue Meeting twice monthly (or as business dictates) with pertinent management information.
- To create and check all Reservations and Groups reply and admin standards and ensure compliance is maintained
- To demonstrate familiarity with competitor activity and pricing
- To set, monitor and review selling strategies for groups and reservations in line with budget, forecast and competition.
- To ensure channels of distribution accurately reflect our selling strategies and any anomalies are highlighted and resolved as soon as possible.
- To ensure the third party sites accurately convey rate and hotel information, highlighting and championing change where needed.
- To ensure that bookings are flowing in and out of PMS/ ORS and that issues are being actioned.
- To take overall responsibility for ensuring all planning for guests arrivals is communicated to all necessary departments.
- To ensure that the group / allocation blocks are utilised to their maximum potential within revenue management guidelines.
- To ensure that credit standards are understood and communicated and concerns being addressed.
- To ensure that forecasts and reports are prepared per M&C and CFC standard.
- To see that Ideas is current, updated and queries are highlighted and addressed and that all efforts are made to ensure accurate forecasting and quotes.
- To promote a good working relationship between the Reservations Department and all other departments.
- To see that ORS and OPMS rate codes, packages and systems are maintained to M&C standards.
- To assist where needed in travel agents commission queries.
- To ensure group quotes are communicated and to standard and to define and regularly revise the selling strategies for the business.
- To oversee team management such as hiring, orientation, performance reviews, coaching counselling and dismissal, if necessary, to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
- To manage overbooking from an strategic and operational perspective with due consideration to both client and business.
- To ensure non-arrival and late cancellation systems are reflective of company policy and communicated.
- To ensure that customers requiring management assistance or response from the reservations department are dealt with and that correspondence is accurate, timely and appropriate to the enquiry.
- All other duties that you may be called upon to do from time to time.
Business Promotion and Sales - Objectives
- To work with Front Office to ensure they are confident, competent and reasonably able to manage “on the day” availability and selling strategy at both room type and house level.
- To liaise with the Sales team to ensure that Matchday bookings are administered accurately and promptly and that availability is reflective of anticipated demand and selling strategy.
- To be familiar with the selling availability of our sister hotels, demonstrating a good working relationship and confidence and ability to take and make referrals either through systems or verbally.
- To assist the Sales departments with client calls and meetings as necessary.
- To liaise with Front Office to ensure room types are managed per operating and selling strategy requirements.
- To ensure there is an active and working sales referral system to discard and forward potential sales leads.
- Seasoned experience in a London reservations dept. experience
- Confidence with Ideas, Opera PMS and OPMS
- Min 18 months group quoting experience
- Forecasting experience, revenue/ rate and occ. Min 3 months’ outlook at a time on a rolling basis.
- Exposure to face-to-face client negotiations/ showrounds/ meetings
- Confidence in outbookings (client and inter-hotel negotiations)
- Excellent personal presentation
- Personnel/ team direction and responsibility
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.