Senior Finance Analyst - London
Do you have a strong commercial finance background with experience of a large, multi-site organisation in a fast paced environment? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a globally recognised brand?
Here at Virgin Active, we are looking for a Senior Finance Analyst to help lead the strategic planning and budgeting process for the UK business. You will play a key role in a well respected Finance team, who operate at the core of business decision making. The role has a wide scope, is varied & interesting; providing the successful candidate with a great opportunity to really influence & lead the way with our business performance.
Reporting into the head of Planning & Commercial Finance, the main responsibilities of the Senior Finance Analyst include:
- Leading & managing all forward looking planning, budget and forecast processes including the annual budget, quarterly and periodic in year reforecasts and long term strategic planning processes across the P&L
- Budgeting & reporting on product business areas – managing these P&L’s, working closely with Heads of Product to support decision making and drive business performance
- Identification of risks & opportunities within club product P&L performance prior to month end reporting and assessment of potential mitigating actions to support wider forecasting processes
- Ownership of club payroll budgeting, forecasting & reporting, understanding variances to budget and mitigating risks & optimising budget cost
- Financial modelling to analyse feasibility of new revenue streams and performance driving initiatives
- Reviewing & challenging of historical trading results of individual clubs understanding reasons for trends and variances to budget
You will be based in our Barbican (Central London) Head Office. This is a full time role working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday; working hours are typical office times.
What we can’t live without:
Joining a friendly & committed team, we’re looking for someone who is highly ambitious with a passion to learn and the credibility to work closely with the senior leadership team to drive the business forward.
To be successful as a Senior Finance Analyst with us, you will also have/be:
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent); part qualified candidates will also be considered
- Commercially minded with an eye for detail
- The ability to communicate complex information in a stimulating & meaningful way at all levels and cross-functionality
- Influential & persuasive, with the ability to work at pace
- Strive for constant improvement and the ability to embrace change in a positive way
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. You’ll have a dedicated Manager and a supportive wider team to really set you up for success.
Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- Discretionary bonus of up to 10% of annual salary
- Virgin Tribe – discounts on loads of Virgin products & services.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Birthday bonus day off (in addition to your annual leave)
- Pension contributions matched up to 5%
- Health & dental care