Catering Assistant - Shropshire
Catering Assistant - Shropshire
Salary: £6.05 - £7.50 (Depending on age)
Location: Lilleshall National Sports and Conferencing Centre, Shropshire, TF10 9AT
Hours: 9 per week
Lilleshall National Sports and Conferencing Centre is one of the UK`s National Sports Centres, training grounds and centres of excellence for the country`s leading sportsmen and women. It aims to provide a `World Class Experience`, where everything we do ensures that our customers are valued and their satisfaction and recommendation to others is paramount.
Purpose of Job:
The Catering Assistant’s role is to work within the catering team to achieve high standards of service and customer care at all times. The role will also ensure food is hygienically prepared and served in accordance with standards laid down by the Catering Supervisor. The successful applicants will be required to work 9 hours per week, Monday-Sunday, working from 6pm – 9pm.
- Ensure the Company Health and Safety Policy and Procedures and all relevant Food Safety Legislation and smoke free law is complied with
- Carry out cleaning duties to maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout
- Undertake and record temperature checks and ensure high standards of food hygiene are maintained
- Follow the processes laid down in the SLIMS (Serco Leisure Integrated Management System) Catering Manual
- Ensure customers are served promptly and efficiently
- Ensure financial and cash handling procedures are complied with
- Prepare food and beverages as necessary in accordance with café menus and as required by the Catering Supervisor
- Replenish stocks within the café and vending machines as required by the Catering Supervisor
- Ensure brand standards are maintained and promoted
- Fully flexible working pattern to the needs of the business, this will include bank holidays and weekends
The Catering Assistant will hold a Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering, or equivalent. An Intermediate Certificate in Food Safety is desirable.
The Catering Assistant should be able to demonstrate a level of experience and knowledge commensurate with the position in:
- Working in a food retail operation or service led organisation
The Catering Assistant should be able to demonstrate skills commensurate with the position in:
- Excellent customer care and communication skills
- Committed to the Serco Values and Serco Leisure Mission Statement
- A team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- High standards of presentation
- A flexible attitude
- Free use of onsite facilities
- Free car parking
All Serco employees must ensure that their current line manager is aware of their application. For confidential enquiries please contact MyHR on 0345 010 4000.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.