Digital Content Producer - London
Digital Content Producer - London
Reporting to: Senior Digital Producer
Department: Chelsea TV
Location: Stamford Bridge, Fulham Road & Cobham Training Ground
Contract Type: Full- Time Permanent
Salary: Subject to Experience
Job Function: To create and deliver new and existing content across Chelsea’s Digital Platforms.
Overview: Chelsea TV is the umbrella brand for all video content produced by Chelsea Football Club and is a key contributor to the communications, fan engagement, marketing and commercial media strategies. The in-house content and production department create and publish video across multiple channels
- Digital Publisher : Original video content for chelseafc.com and all social media channels
- Broadcaster : Sky channel 421, multiple international broadcast partners and a live stream via chelseafc.com. Live programming includes over 50 live outside broadcasts, daily live shows and a variety of post-production programming.
- Internal Production : Branded Content, Commercial Partners, Marketing Campaigns and Activations, Club Events, Foundation, Academy and Player support.
- Role: Self-shooting and editing on a daily basis at the Training Ground and on Matchdays to deliver existing content strands on chelseafc.com and all social media channels. Working on location for features and on non-filming days, developing new ideas as briefed.
The role will require filming at various locations including Cobham Training Ground – (player features and First Team, Academy and Ladies training), Matchdays (pre-match, pitchside during games and creative post-match content) and Feature locations as required.
Content will vary from short form viral content to longer crafted pieces and fast turnaround is frequently required so experience of working quickly and efficiently is essential.
The candidate will be a very competent self-shooter and possess good editing skills. There is a requirement for flexible working hours including regular weekends on location (Chelsea games as scheduled) and Stamford Bridge/Cobham training ground during the week.
This is an exciting opportunity within an established and talented production team, to produce video and grow our substantial global audience on the club’s multiple digital platforms.
- Filming and editing player training ground content for chelseafc.com and social media
- Direct single and multiple cameramen on location to create bespoke features
- Utilise match footage rights to create engaging material
- Creative ideas that look beyond Player access
- New features ideas including short films
- Viral content for social media platforms
- Work collaboratively within the existing production team
- Extensive, demonstrable previous experience in broadcast and/or digital production
- Strong ideas and creativity essential
- Understanding of social media and how content differs per platform
- Responsible with exclusive access to talent
- Strong Video editing capability required – using both Premiere Pro and/or Avid
- Solid self-shooting camera work required – on Sony FS7 and SLRs
- Ability to manage talent (players, ex-players, presenters) on high pressure shoots
- Able to create narrative through video
- Excellent organisational skills with robust attention to detail
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work effectively with minimal direct supervision
- Positive, team-oriented attitude and willingness to collaborate and share information
Measures of Performance:
- Meeting content objectives as defined in the Video Strategy
- Delivering to publishing deadlines as dictated in the Content Syndication plan
- Regular innovative and creative idea generation for content across all platforms
- High production values across all platforms
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
Closing Date: 6th May 2018