Producer/ Director - London
Producer/ Director - London
Reporting to: Senior Digital Producer
Department: Chelsea TV
Location: Stamford Bridge, Fulham Road
Contract Type: Full-time Permanent
Salary: Subject to Experience
Job Function: To deliver high end video content to multiple stakeholders including Fan Engagement, Commercial and Chelsea owned channels.
Overview: Chelsea TV is the umbrella brand for all video content produced by Chelsea Football Club and is a key contributor to the communications, fan engagement, marketing and commercial media strategies. The in-house content and production department create and publish video across multiple channels
- Digital Publisher : Original video content for chelseafc.com and all social media channels
- Broadcaster : Sky channel 421, multiple international broadcast partners and a live stream via chelseafc.com. Live programming includes over 50 live outside broadcasts, daily live shows and a variety of post-production programming.
- Internal Production : Branded Content, Commercial Partners, Marketing Campaigns and Activations, Club Events, Foundation, Academy and Player support.
Role: Ownership of bespoke video projects including Fan Engagement activations, Branded Content and films/programmes on Chelsea platforms. The role will require receiving briefs, creating treatments then self-shooting and editing or directing to deliver these projects.
The role will require hands-on production in addition to meetings and creative sessions with internal and external stakeholders. A highly creative individual with the ability to translate their ideas and concepts into finished products is required. Experience working with brands is an advantage combined with a passion for sports content.
Projects will include Partner activation videos and content strands/programmes on Chelsea’s social media channels as examples. Content deliverables will vary, from a fast turnaround to long-term campaigns. Presenting ideas in a clear and concise way is essential.
The candidate will be comfortable taking full ownership of any project, identifying production resource and requirements. Flexible working hours including some weekends on location or filming on Matchday should be expected.
This is an exciting opportunity within an established and talented production team, to produce video and grow our substantial global audience on the club’s multiple digital platforms.
- Management of briefs from Partners and stakeholders
- Creative ideas and approach across multiple projects
- Develop and expand external production resource to enhance productions
- Deliver high quality innovative video content
- Working collaboratively with in-house production team
- Build relationships with all stakeholders to understand all future content requirements
- Extensive, demonstrable previous experience in creating engaging video content
- Strong creative concepts and execution of ideas
- Expertise in identifying relevant filming techniques and equipment
- Able to lead on projects
- Clear articulation of ideas and process
- Strong presentation skills using treatments / storyboards
- Strong editing skills – Avid and/or Premiere
- Solid self-shooting camera work required
- Excellent organisational skills with immaculate attention to detail
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work effectively with minimal direct supervision
- Positive, team-oriented attitude and willingness to collaborate and share information
Measures of Performance
- Meeting content objectives as defined in the Video Strategy
- Delivering to publishing deadlines as dictated by the brief
- Work within budgets
- High production values exceeding expectations across all projects
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
Closing Date: 6th May 2018