Regional HR Business Partner - Stratford
About The Role
The HR Business Partner will provide best practice HR guidance and advice across the range of HR disciplines in alignment with the People Plan and Business strategy.
- Develop HR / People plans with each of the Regional Directors / Heads of Department that deliver high performing teams
- Provide coaching, support and expertise in the management of all HR matters, effectively "partnering" the businessto support the delivery of the people plans.
- Embed a performance management culture within the business areas as a means of driving business improvement by ensuring clear objectives, feedback and the improvement of performance delivery.
- Develop and lead an effective performance management process across the business in order to deliver the high performance culture required.
- Lead on employee engagement activity/forums to improve employee feedback and communication with the business partner functions.
- Support and drive the L&D agenda within the business partner functions, keeping accurate records of attendance and producing CPD records.
- Work in partnership with key leaders within the business to drive people related change whilst building effective working relationships at all levels of the business;
- Support the business area with the management development of their people, providing advice, guidance and ad-hoc training on Personal Development Plans and work with the business area to establish and introduce systems that identify employees with high potential, develop career paths in consideration of key roles for succession planning and self-development.
- Provide consultancy and advice on all HR related matters, ensuring adherence to all legal and best practice obligations including employment law, employee relations, disciplinary and grievances, performance management, change management/restructuring and absence management;
- Demonstrate expertise in technical HR areas and develop and deliver innovative solutions related to HR systems;
- Generate new ideas on generating competitive advantage through our colleagues.
- Support Head of HRin development and roll out of key initiatives
- Provide single point of contact for own Business unit, challenge, present options, influence and offer guidance.
- Ensure HR provide a consistent set of services to the business, tailored where appropriate to the needs of different areas
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
Ideally CIPD qualified and Degree educated, although candidates with relevant experience will also be considered.
Specialist Skills and Experience Required
- Experience of working within a business partner model that drives line management accountability through performance
- Strong communication and influencing skills, and an ability to adapt both style and approach as appropriate
- Ability to handle complex issues and a capability to make sound judgement decisions in time pressured situations.
- Successful track record of delivering solutions to internal client base
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to plan, organise and effectively multitask
- Strong technical generalist who can deal with a variety of complex issues
- Employee relations and case management experience
- Successfully lead on key organisational changes
- Thrive in an ever changing environment that offers flexibility and autonomy
- High energy, tenacious with a passion to deliver
Covers NE and NW regions
About The Company