Senior Gardener/Estates - Chippenham
Senior Gardener/Estates - Lucknam Park Hotel & Spa, Chippenham
The Estates team at Lucknam Park are recruiting for a Senior Estates/Gardener to join their team. A passion for horticulture and drive to achieve results are essential for this role.
As Senior Estates/Gardener you will be second in command to the Estates Manager and will work with the team to ensure that the highest standards are consistently met across the gardens and estate. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, well organised and work well within a team environment. Good communication skills are required as well as a proactive and flexible approach to your work. You should be confident in your abilities and able to take responsibility for your team. You will be required to achieve very high standards of maintenance to ensure that the gardens are beautifully presented.
Experience and skills required for the role of Senior Estates/Gardener:
- Experience of working at an Assistant/Senior level role in a comparable property/estate
- A comprehensive understanding of horticulture and practices
- A horticulture qualification may be an advantage but not essential if experience and knowledge can be demonstrated and proven
- Qualifications in spraying and chainsaw would be advantageous
- The ability to train and motivate team members
- To be physically fit
- A caring and patient manner
This is a full time position working 40 hours/week generally Monday to Friday, on occasions some flexibility may be required to meet business needs. The salary for this role is £18,000 per annum.
Due to the beautiful location of the property it can be difficult to reach by public transport, please ensure you are able to travel to the property on a daily basis and fulfil the required shifts prior to applying.
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT LUCKNAM PARK HOTEL & SPA
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free parking
- Discounts on facilities and products including cookery school, equestrian centre, spa treatments and products and dining throughout the property
- Preferential room rates for you and your family at Lucknam Park and other Relais and Chateaux hotels
- Complimentary room nights for length of service
- Long service awards
- Full training, development and promotional possibilities
- 28 days holiday increasing with length of service
Lucknam Park is unspoilt, country house living at its very best and one of England's finest 5 star luxury Country House Hotels. We offer fine dining in ‘Restaurant Hywel Jones’ or a more relaxed meal in The Brasserie. We have extensive leisure facilities in our Spa and Equestrian Centre plus 500 acres of stunning parkland. Lucknam Park is a proud member of Relais & Châteaux and has been awarded a Michelin Star, AA 5 Red Stars and Visit Britain Gold Award.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS!
We would love to hear from applicants who fulfil the above criteria and have a real passion to work within the estates department. If you feel that this is the role for you please apply by forwarding a copy of your current CV.
In line with the requirements of UK immigration legislation all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documentary evidence of eligibility to work will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. If you do not already have the right to live and work in the UK please do not apply as we cannot help with obtaining the relevant visa.