Swimming Instructor / Lifeguard - USA
SWIMMING INSTRUCTOR / LIFEGUARD – SUMMER CAMP USA
Start/end dates: 8 - 10 weeks between May/June - August 2017
Salary: Up to $1600 dependent on experience
SUMMER CAMP USA APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN FOR 2018! Time to get excited.
Have the summer of a lifetime working at an American summer camp, the great tradition where the only philosophy is to have fun and make new mates, all day everyday. International staff like you bring variety, personality and new skills to camp, and this year it’s your turn to get out there. Book onto the programme today with a £39 deposit, and spend 8-10 weeks working and living the American dream.
With over 55 years of experience in helping young people work abroad, we have helped 250,000 people to adventure and see the world with BUNAC. Join the revolution.
SWIMMING INSTRUCTOR / LIFEGUARD:
Swimming staff on summer camp usually combine the responsibilities of coaching with being a cabin counsellor. Working on the waterfront is one of the best places to be at camp!
As a swimming instructor, you will be teaching skills and giving lessons for four or more hours each day, normally in hour-long periods. In addition, if your camp organises a swim team, campers will try out to represent their camp in inter-camp tournaments and swim meets throughout the summer. You may be asked to coach the teams. On other camps, swimming may be a purely recreational, fun activity.
Many camps run Red Cross lifeguard and teaching courses prior to camp to ensure that staff have valid US certifications. However qualifications that are also welcome are ASA teaching awards, RLSS Pool Lifeguard award, or similar lifesaving qualification.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Placement at a camp in the USA – we match you with your perfect camp based on your personality, skills and experience
- Return transatlantic flight with other BUNACers, first night’s accommodation in the USA and transfer to camp
- Food and accommodation whilst at camp
- Pocket money of up to $1,100 depending on your age and experience
- Assistance with securing your J-1 work visa
- US Embassy meet and greet service
- Pre-departure orientation day in the UK to help you get ready for camp life
- Access to camp facilities during time off
WHEN DO I APPLY?
Now! Summer Camp USA is officially open for 2018, and interviews are taking place all over the UK.
Click 'apply now' for the summer of a lifetime.