Customer Delivery Driver - Bradford
Shift pattern Days From time To time Wed 19:00:00 23:00:00 Thu 19:00:00 23:00:00 Fri 19:00:00 23:00:00 Sat 09:00:00 18:00:00
Click on the following to find out if youre the kind of person whos right for a job that can really take you places:
Play Video- The Importanceof our CustomerDelivery Drivers
Play Video- Becoming a Safe, Helpful and FriendlyDriver
- Due to Health and Safety, this role requires you to have held a full UK driving license for more than1 year.
- If you are applying for a vacancy on a flexible contract, this operates on the principle of you informing us upon interview your availability to work within an agreed window. This will form part of your contract and your hours can be adjusted each week to meet the changing needs of the business.
Providing an excellent home shopping experience by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do is our main responsibility.
Before you leave the store or centre youll:
- Load the van where required, and check your van for roadworthiness
- Understand the schedule and route that has been calculated for you
- Look the part in your uniform, ready to help our customers
On the road youll represent Tesco so:
- Drive safely, responsibly and within the law
- Be courteous to all road users
On the customers doorstep youll:
- Serve your customer with a smile and greet them by name
- Take care of your customers deliveries as if they were your own
The role is hands on, physical and full of variety. No two shifts are ever the same customers look for help in all kinds of different ways.
For most of the day youll feel like your own boss, delivering to your customers on your own, but with a team of managers and colleagues back at base ready to support you when you need them.
We are looking for people who:
- Have had a full UK / EU / EEA driving licence for at least 12 months with no more than 3 penalty points
- Are safe and courteous drivers
- Enjoy helping others
- Are personable with a good sense of humour and excellent communication skills
- Are able to take the initiative and use common sense
- Care about making a difference for customers and colleagues
- Can stay calm under pressure
If this sounds like you, we cant wait to hear from you.
Please be aware that as part of our recruitment process, job offers are subject to a Criminal Record Check, which will be carried out by an external third party.
We are sorry but if you have been disqualified from driving within the last5 years, we will not be able to accept your application.