Buyer - Newcastle Upon Tyne
Full time and PermanentJoin the Family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.Salary
£27,000 to £32,000 per annum, depending on experience.Work Pattern
The hours of work are mainly dayshift Monday to Friday but we are a fast-paced retailer operating 24 hours over 7 days a week so some flexibility is required.Job Description
Greggs plc purchases equipment and services for both its Manufacturing facilities and Retail Estate of circa 1850 shops and a vacancy has arisen for a buyer to purchase goods and services to support our shop-fitting team. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager (Capital Equipment) the successful candidate will effectively communicate with both suppliers and internal stakeholders, ensuring that the appropriate quality and quantity of goods and services are available, when and where required, and to the agreed functional specification. It is expected that the successful candidate will have a number of years of negotiating and sourcing experience.
As part of the Corporate Services team the person will initially work closely with the Functional Specialists to determine requirements and then take the lead in negotiating commercial and contractual terms for the light equipment and shop capital equipment. This may also include the negotiation of the Service Agreements for on-going support or working with the Services Team to deliver these. In addition, there will be involvement in the identification and development of new supplier opportunities to improve quality, service and value for money. As the main link with our suppliers this role will be responsible for supplier relationship management and ensuring that corporate aims and objectives are effectively communicated.
- Negotiating commercial and contractual terms for light equipment, shop capital and services
- Managing and resolving day to day commercial, delivery and quality issues in a timely and effective manner
- Identifying new supply routes that will deliver improved value for money
- Identifying and negotiating appropriate specifications and service level agreements for all equipment supplied
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure that forward commitments are clearly communicated to external suppliers
- Supporting administrative processes to ensure compliance with corporate and business objectives
- Reviewing processes and standards to maintain customer focus and identify and implement best practice
- Maintaining good relationships with both internal and external customers and suppliers
- Managing and coordinating ad-hoc projects as directed
- Previous Procurement Category Experience in Food Manufacturing or Retail Food service equipment desirable
- Experience of dealing with multiple tasks simultaneously in a FMCG environment.
- Understand the Total Cost of Ownership of purchases and the different options including lease vs outright purchase
- Ability to demonstrate a capability to liaise with Internal and External contacts and to effectively ensure Stakeholder engagement
- Experience of Supplier Relationship Management including the analysis and interpretation of Management Information, performance reporting and issue resolution
- Highly numerate and literate, ideally of graduate calibre
- CIPS Qualified or studying towards CIPS qualification is desirable
- Flexibility with regards to working hours is required
- Flexibility with regards to business travel is required
- Outstanding planning and organising skills
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Assertive with ability to manage internal and external contacts with diplomacy
- Persuasive and able to communicate and influence at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent contractual understanding and experience in negotiation of legal terms
- Computer literate with experience with MS Office, experience with SAP and Ariba would be a distinct advantage
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 26 days, in addition to Bank Holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service (pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will be invited to participate in our Management Bonus Scheme which is worth up to 7.5% of your salary, subject to the Company meeting certain performance criteria.
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
- Defined contribution management pension scheme
- Death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to 4 times your year’s salary
Other benefits include
- Private Medical Insurance which is free for you and subsidised for your dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance which is a replacement income scheme
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.