Canteen Assistant - Manchester
Join the family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Hourly Rate: £8.63Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
Shifts: 5 over 7 between 6am and 5pm
Contract: TemporaryJob Description
Working within a tight-knit team, you will prepare, cook and serve food to our bakery employees during their scheduled breaks as well as performing general kitchen duties. This is a fast-paced and challenging role but is also both satisfying and rewarding.
As an accomplished food handler you will understand and abide by all the strict food processes and procedures in place, and adopt a clean-as-you-go approach to all your tasks. A friendly manner and good communication is a must, as is a can-do and positive attitude.
You’ll be comfortable dealing with cash and using the till, and enjoy creating a range of hot and cold dishes.Skills
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Comfortable with handling, preparing and selling food, long periods of standing, some lifting and carrying, as well as other tasks such as cleaning
- Basic numeracy skills, e.g. adding
- Legal entitlement to work in the UK (e.g. Valid VISA or Work Permit for non EEC residents).
- Flexible in availability for work as shift patterns vary and will include early/late/weekend shifts and bank holidays. You may also be required to work overtime.
- Our Greggs Employee Staff Discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 21 days, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 years continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one years’ salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Other benefits include:
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.