Head of Hospitality & Retail - Restaurant, Kitchen, Coffee and Gift Shop
3 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Do you want a career working for the Sunday Times 6th Best Big Company in the UK?
Studley Castle hotel is located in the heart of the Warwickshire countryside and will be part of the Warner Leisure Hotels portfolio - as our landmark hotel it signals the start of an exciting new era. Once transformed, this Grade II listed country house, built in 1834 and boasting a rich history, will offer 200 guest bedrooms, a choice of dining and live entertainment venues, plus leisure and beauty facilities, including a luxury swimming pool, fitness suite and outdoor pursuits.
The purpose of the role is:
To deliver the highest standards of service to our guests and ensuring venues are kept up to standard at all times. Working closely with the Hotel Leadership team, and supported by central teams as appropriate, to deliver an exceptionally good quality of food, beverages and gifts daily to our guests so that we can give our Guests a great time with memories that last a lifetime.
- Head of the Restaurant(s), Kitchen, Coffee Shop, Bars and Gift Shop
- Responsible for the delivery of all food, beverage and retail practices, policies and procedures to ensure guest service is delivered to the highest standard each and every day.
- Responsible for the service, standards and presentation of all Hospitality and Retail venues and team in the Hotel.
- Accountable for attaining all relevant guest measures for each of these venues.
- Collaborate with all central teams to continually improve the guest hospitality experience.
- Lead and be accountable for a safe and secure environment within each department, delivering relevant legislative and company health and safety requirements.
- Carry out regular checks on hazards, risks and ensure all team are 100% trained in all relevant aspects of health and safety for their departments.
- Liaise with central Health and Safety team over audits and EHO as necessary.
- Actively works with Operational Excellence to deliver more effective and efficient ways of working.
- Continually challenges self and team to review productivity.
- Actively carries out research in all areas of responsibility in order to continually innovate.
- Liaison with working groups in and across brands as required.
- Recruit, retain and develop Managers and team to deliver the right standards and guest experience every time.
- Carry out exit interviews as required.
- Holds regular performance reviews, coaching and monitoring capability.
- Ensure all new team have first 90 days induction and carryout all relevant training within appropriate timeframes.
- Delivers a succession plan for accountable areas and deliver engagement and ENPS targets.
- Delivers team rotas a minimum of three weeks in advance and continually monitors to ensure right team, right place and right time to deliver guest experience.
- Deliver regular team meetings to keep everyone up to date with all relevant targets and information to deliver daily to their best ability.
- Hold regular team building events as appropriate.
- Encourage cross department collaboration within the Hotel.
- Carry out Duty Manager role as required.
- Carry out any other duties as requested.
- Manages budget, stock and wastage within agreed targets.
- Delivers agreed guest targets.
- Delivers agreed team engagement and ENPS targets.
- Maintain close control of rosters.
- Supports the succession pipeline at the Hotel and brand.
- Encourages collaboration across all the Warner Hotels and wider Bourne business.
- Recognise and celebrate great performances.
- Shares and adopts best practice quickly.
Qualifications, skills and abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and team.
- Is able to motivate and inspire teams.
- Ability to lead broad teams of differing sizes focused on delivering consistent service and standards.
- Confident decision maker.
- Experience in recruiting, managing performance and identifying talent for the future.
- Ability to manage stock as per brand standards.
- Able to hold a Personal Licence.
- Ability to plan, manage several projects and be well organised.
- Can manage conflicting priorities when under pressure.
- Previous experience working with financial budgets.
- Previous experience working within a multi-function leisure business.
- Health and Safety level 3
- Strategic planning
- Has ability and capability to consider wider operational issues as Duty Manager.
- Desire to develop, learn and challenge self.
- Ability to role model our Mission.
- Actively listens to the team, encourages and values team members opinions.
- Great relationship builder.
- Takes ownership of challenges and is willing to share responsibility for completing tasks.
The benefits of working with us:
- 20% team member discount across Warner Leisure Hotels, Butlin's and Haven holidays for you, your family and friends
- 22 days annual leave rising to 25 days after 2 years service
- Childcare voucher scheme (subject to eligibility)
- Government pension scheme and optional salary sacrifice scheme after 3 months service
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Reward and recognition schemes including long service
- Externally recognised qualifications that will give you the opportunity to progress and develop within Bourne Leisure