Client Relations Manager & Administrator (Part Time)
The London Wing Chun Academy is a professional Martial Arts and Fitness studio in North London. The Academy is a small family run concern that prides itself on establishing good relationships with its individual members. Therefore, we are currently seeking a friendly and reliable member of staff to work a Client Relations, Sales, and Membership Development role as well as other general administration tasks. As the first point of contact in our school, we will expect you to make a good first impression by developing a good rapport with members of the public, and our academy in order to make people feel at ease. Ideally you’ll have a good memory for faces, as well as the ability to be discrete or firm if it is required.
The candidate will have good verbal and written communication skills, in addition to an excellent telephone manner, and must be confident with social media platforms, messenger applications (e.g. WhatsApp), computer and other office equipment. Furthermore, while working on the front desk you will be required to manage point of sales and Academy merchandising.
Overall, the role will require working to achieve sales targets to increase our membership base by actively managing new leads through:
- Face to face customer interactions
- Telephone calls
- Email enquiries
- Creating outreach activities, with the opportunity to work with the community and with corporate customers to raise awareness of our services
The successful candidate will be expected to use their own initiative in prioritising their duties and tasks accordingly without sacrificing customer service. In addition, to liaising with members of the training staff, Director of the Academy, and the UK Wing Chun Association. An interest in Martial Arts is desirable, but not essential. However, previous experience in the fitness industry or related administration may also be of advantage.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To portray a professional and well presented image of the London Wing Chun Academy
- Develop and expand the membership total of the London Wing Chun Academy to meet the capacity of the current martial arts and fitness classes
- Improve membership retention for the Academy by reducing cancellation rate
- To communicate regularly and update our members via social media and messengers platforms (e.g. WhatsApp) on service arrangements and changes
- Meet and greet all visitors in a friendly and professional manner, while making sure that all visitors register their presence in the building
- Answer all telephone calls and enquiries appropriately as to the individual need of the caller
- Be able to deal with day to day walk-in queries directly efficiently
- Reception area housekeeping - maintenance and cleanliness of area, as well as the changing, exercise area, and training hall
- Inputting emergency contact forms onto database, as well as fees onto system and sending associated emails or text messages
- Managing and ordering of stationery – ensuring office is kept tidy
- Issuing and managing keys to instructors and other staff members
- Managing cleaning, welfare and first aid supplies
- Assist other departments within the London Wing Chun Academy when required
- General administration duties as requested, including dealing with incoming and outgoing post
- Manage point of sales and online merchandising for the academy, while proactively managing replenishment of stock
- Attend and assist on Open Day events, other publicity events, and student gradings
- Maintain and develop social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Other duties as directed by the Director of the School
- Ability to communicate directly with people face to face, via telephone and in writing
- Excellent administration skills and ability to develop new business/memberships
- Good attention to detail with an ability to co-ordinate various tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organisation skills resulting in a highly focused and organised individual
- Ability to deal with customer complaints in a friendly and efficient manner
- Excellent ability to manage social media platforms to generate new business
- Computer literate with an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good team player – must enjoy being part of, and actively participating in a team environment
- Ability to work on own initiative for the benefit of the Academy
- Membership management, sales, and client relations experience
- Previous experience in dealing with customer complaints
- Familiarity with Martial Arts or Fitness Industry
- Point of Sales experience
The salary is £7,020 per annum.
Hours of work
Cover is required for 15 hours over three days a week, typically between 4.30 to 9.30pm (Monday to Thursday), Saturday and Sunday (9.30 to 2.30pm). The appointee will work flexi hours, and may be required to cover additional shifts or holiday cover.
Please email a covering letter and Curriculum Vitae to Ifama Ekani-Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org. For any Informal enquiries relating to the post please contact Mark Phillips on 07976 855 259.
Closing date for application will be Monday 23rd April 2018.
The appointment is available to start 7th May 2018.
Apply for Client Relations Manager & Administrator (Part Time)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly