General Manager - Lincoln South West
Sports Direct Fitness is the leisure division of Sports Direct the UK’s number one sports retailer.
Welcome to our world...
Sports Direct Fitness are the newest business venture of the international retail giant Sports Direct and we are taking the fitness world by storm.
In our world the passion and ambition of our people have kept us moving. Their passion for fitness is second to none, their knowledge and service levels hook the customer, their drive and ambition to be the best is unrivalled.
We now require a truly exceptional, driven and proven General Manager to help take us to the next level. If you have a “reach for the stars” attitude and go above and beyond then take a look at our careers…. They are out of this world!
As a Sports Direct Fitness employee you will be joining us at this fantastic growth and development time and you will see this business go from strength to strength and along with it your career. The GM is responsible for the successful management of all aspects of the club, they are an exceptional leader and have strong sales and operational management skills. They strive to create a profitable, clean, friendly, productive and enjoyable club environment for the Team and Club Members at all times
As a member of our team YOU Need To...
- Delivering member growth year on year through sales and retention processes ensuring a positive contribution is made to P& L reports by way of managing membership yield and joining fees.
- Provide training and development for the team as required.
- Know your market well through strong competitor analysis reports.
- Plan your team to ensure the quarterly set targets are achieved through mapping external and internal outreach.
- Monitoring your clubs sales performance to meet with company KPI’s.
- Effectively lead, manage and execute all sales promotions delivered by Head office.
- Membership Revenue (Recurring revenue, corporate & external partners Ancillary Revenue (Add spend, studio rental and licensee, swim and sundry revenue)
- Ensure You Enforce Commercial controls
- Utility management of the facilities.
- Controllable Contribution (operational payroll, studio costs, stock management and stationery and marketing)
- Ensure Brand standards are in place to meet company and member expectations.
- Management of leaver control through debt recovery systems. .
- Work on Member Retention/product
- New member journey through PT, Gym floor interaction/challenges and group exercise engagement.
- Strong liaison with all Personal Trainers
- Management and control of Group exercise timetable through agreed budgets and the membership needs.
Be People Focussed
- Proactively manage the club succession, development and recruitment plan to ensure the club is fully staffed and productive at all times.
- Recognise great performance and manage poor performance issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Encourage full participation in the Team Engagement survey and act on feedback.
- Drive positive Member Retention through supporting members to achieve their goals.
- Be visible and active during peak hours and interact with club members
- With confidence and a real desire to communicate with club members and deal with queries and complaints in a calm and professional manner.
- Take ownership of issues and attempt to resolve as much as possible locally.
- With integrity, resilience and drive to lead and motivate the team to success and through more challenging times. With enthusiasm, energy and a positive outlook to work and a passion for fitness.
- As a role model, demonstrating a passion for standards and cleanliness.
- Be willing to roll up sleeves when needed.
- As an advocate of the brand, by compliance policies, procedures and, brand standards
- As part of the team, and be willing to work at peak times including evenings, weekends and all club operational hours.
- With great intentions.
- Knows how, is able, and makes time to bring fun in to the club and team creating a productive, dynamic and vibrant environment.
- Professionally, demonstrating outstanding organisational, planning, implementation and evaluation capabilities.
- Deliver what you set out to, and take your team along for the journey.
- As a role model showing productivity in a pressurised environment, driving yourself and the team to achieve targets daily.
- Qualified in Emergency Responder, First Aid & Pool Operations (or must have a willingness to achieve these qualifications within three months of appointment)
- Experienced in and have proven success of managing sales and delivering against sales targets and KPIs
- Experienced in operational management, maintaining Health and Safety and Compliance/audit standards
- Experienced in the Fitness Industry or have relevant management experience in Leisure, Hospitality, Retail or similar customer facing environment.
- Experienced and successful in management of a multi-disciplined team and able to demonstrate effective and positive people management.
- Commercially aware and proactively seeks out business opportunities.
- Ensure Compliance
- Manage team to deliver Operational Compliance measures ensuring the Member Journey meets expectations.
- Ensure the facility meets Health & Safety requirements.
- Drive passion for the overall standards and appearance of the club at all times.
- Work to the SDF green policy.
What WE have to offer YOU:
- Competitive salary and OTE
- Career opportunities and progression
- Opportunity to be a part of this exciting journey into the world of Fitness with Sports Direct
- Fantastic bonus potential
There really is nowhere else like it.....
Take a look around our world at www.Sportsdirectfitness.com/careers/