(Maintenance Technician - Thundersley
Are you good with your hands? Could you help our Building Services (Maintenance) Manager fix, maintain and service everything from the air con to the pool plant?
We’re looking for a Building Services (Maintenance) Technician to work as part of a team to effectively deliver both a preventative & reactive maintenance schedule following guidelines on safety, timescales & budget.
- Adhere to daily & weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of site, keeping up to date & accurate records.
- Follow the Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule; working as part of the team to deliver effectively, on time & within budget.
- Maintain the basement, plant rooms, roof and fire exits to company standards and ensure all plant and equipment is maintained.
- Be proactive, use your initiative and take ownership of situations.
- Proactively anticipate potential safety hazards and be prepared to undertake any emergency actions required.
- Ensure all work carried out is done so within the H&S requirements.
- Work as part of the wider club team, demonstrating a professional & courteous manner to members, assisting with queries they may have.
The role is full time, working 40 hours per week on a shift basis; flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business and will include a mixture of ‘earlies’ (5am-1.30pm), ‘lates’ (7.30am-4pm), and alternative weekends (7am-11am) and the occasional overnight shifts on a rotational basis.
What we can’t live without:
This role will suit someone with the technical knowledge & experience who will thrive on the varied nature of the maintenance requirements and work to provide the efficient & smooth running of the club at all times.
To be a successful Building Services Technician, you’ll have:
- A technical Level 2 qualification of City & Guilds equivalent or higher.
- Relevant technical experience in a working environment.
- Ability to work from instruction and make decisions as needed with minimal supervision.
- Friendly & approachable nature with great communication skills.
- Good attention to detail with great time management skills.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- A dedicated Building Services Manager, there to support your learning & career development.
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Matched pension contributions up to 5%
- Discount on loads of Virgin products & services.