Sommelier - London
Sommelier - London
COMFORT IN THE FAMILIAR, HUNGER FOR THE NEW
3 unique restaurants, bound by the same values: excellence without pretence, inspiring rooms with a friendly welcome, the next generation of talent led by an ambassador for British cooking.
Marcus Wareing Restaurants cooks contemporary British food to evoke and create memories: from Marcus’s northern roots to the global influences that shape our national cuisine; from childhood encapsulated in a simple dish to humble ingredients elevated and transformed.
Founded in 2008, the group currently comprises: Marcus, one of London's most acclaimed restaurants, combing two Michelin-starred cooking with a relaxed, contemporary space; The Gilbert Scott, showcasing the finest British seasonal produce in the grand 19th century surrounds of St Pancras Renaissance Hotel; and Tredwells, relaxed neighbourhood dining in the heart of the West End and previous winner of AA's Restaurant of the Year - London.
We are looking for a passionate and motivate Sommelier who wants to be a part of our award-winning team.
What we are looking for:
- to be an ambassador of the service culture of Marcus Wareing Restaurants
- someone who has a strong interest in wines and food
- previous restaurant experience in London is essential
- previous experience in Michelin star or fine dining environment would be beneficial
- WSET qualified or working towards it
- outgoing personality
- great attention to details
- real passion to deliver the highest levels of service
- enthusiastic, quick thinking with a can do attitude
- a strong command of English is also needed to maintain and improve our standards of service
What we offer:
- Competitive salary with service charge
- Flexible working shifts
- Free staff meal while on duty
- 50% staff discount in our other restaurants
- Career development opportunities across our three restaurants
- Recommend a friend incentive
- Employment loyalty rewards
- Perkbox: 200 discounts on high street shops and online
Working closely with the Head Sommelier the position will offer full training and career development.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note: Applicants without previous restaurant experience will not be considered.
If you haven't heard back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.