Security Engineer (email & Dmarc) - Welwyn Garden City
Tesco's Technology department is now seeking a Security Engineer - EMAIL & DLP to join the team!
About the Security & Capability Team
Our team is responsible for providing and maintaining tools used by Tesco in order to monitor and secure our systems, while also helping our colleagues globally.
We maintain global hybrid instances of our chosen tools for SIEM, Application Performance Monitoring, Log Monitoring, Backlog Management, Identity Access Management, Service Desk, self-help portals for colleagues and incident communications. In addition to the challenges delivering this capability brings, we're also the team responsible for the security operations centre and our security architecture, working across Tesco globally to secure our systems and data! Our Technology Risk & Compliance team works tirelessly to further develop a risk aware culture and drive audit and regulatory improvements across the technology team in all Tesco countries.
We aim to provide colleagues with a great experience by providing world class tooling, processes and advice. We believe in solutions that are either self-service or invisible to the end user - that's not always easy to achieve, but it's what we strive for.
The Security Engineer will be responsible for delivering security capabilities for the organisation, this will include researching, engineering, implementing and operating enterprise email security products and technology (SPF, DKIM, DMARC and PKI), and data loss prevention (DLP).
This involves managing and improving email security compliance, through automation, monitoring and alerting, SIEM integration, development and implementation of standards, procedures, and guidelines covering all aspects of email.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- Follow our Business Code of Conduct always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Represent the Technology Security team and assist other teams to investigate security incidents
- Work closely and collaboratively with security, infrastructure and engineering teams
- Collaborate closely with colleagues within the wider global Technology organisation and the business to establish effective and productive relationships
- Involvement in and leading of security incidents which occur on Tesco systems
- Drive improvements for use cases for the security operations team
- Drive adoption of new tools and techniques being able to understand their value and impact
- Keep technical skills up to date and keep track of new technologies, understanding how they might benefit the team
- Share knowledge with the wider security community
- Champion continuous improvement within the department
The Ideal Candidate
Key Skills and Experience
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of working with enterprise endpoint security platforms:
- A good understanding of information and cyber security principles and best practices
- A strong understanding of e-mail and DLP security controls (including SPF, DKIM, DMARC and PKI)
- Experience of working with O365 Exchange Online Protection, Forcepoint, Mimecast or similar security products would be an advantage, but is not essential
- Ideally have experience in Cloud architectures and engineering solutions to meet needs in the cloud
- Ability to pick up new products and platforms quickly, transferring skills and best practices when needed
- Willing to join an on call rota and work outside of normal business hours when occasionally required
- One or more of the following certifications:
- CompTIA Security+
- SANS GIAC
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop online, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading e-commerce business.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our Technology Centre in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Privilegecard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses