Investor Relations Manager - Welwyn Garden City
The Investor Relations team manages the relationship and communications between Tesco and its owners. We help preserve the ability of the business to pursue its strategy.
- This role manages our investor and analyst communications programme on behalf of our CEO, CFO and Group Investor Relations Director to build long term investor and analyst support.
- This is a great role for a candidate looking for more breadth as you will gain a comprehensive knowledge of Tesco
- The role has exposure to senior people across the business and involves some independent objectives and some work as part of a broader team
Developing and implementing an annual corporate access programme including roadshows and conferences
- Building and monitoring a shareholder targeting programme: owning the way in which we prioritise and classify investors to ensure management time is effectively used
- Reporting on and analysing our share register monthly movements and briefing senior management on trends
- Helping to organise store tours and other ad hoc investor and analyst visits
- Planning and preparing insightful briefing notes ahead of investor meetings
- Managing queries from private shareholders
- Results: supporting the Investor Relations team during the preparation of results materials including drafting or reviewing of key materials (Press Release, Q&A, Presentation) and supporting in the collation of business insight
- Communicating market sentiment to internal stakeholders including support in preparation of PLC papers and the weekly summary of market commentary
- Reviewing any other necessary communications to ensure accuracy and consistency in information including leading the review of Annual Report
The Ideal Candidate
- Keen interest in business strategy and performance
- Project management involving multiple external stakeholders
- Previous experience dealing with financial institutions preferred but not a prerequisite
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Event planning and management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excel, Powerpoint and database management skills
About The Company
Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work.
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Privilegecard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses