Senior Product Manager – Colleague Tools - Welwyn Garden City
About the Store Colleague Experience Team
The Store Colleague Experience product team is a team of Product Managers responsible for managing the development, strategy and vision for some of Tesco's core products that our 400,000 store colleagues use every day. This includes everything from the customer service desk, to the apps that drive our price routines.
The Role - Senior Product Manager - Colleague Tools
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- A master practitioner of Product Management, you will coordinate, own and prioritise development of the products that will help to minimise shrink and increase store security.
- Champion consistency for our colleagues across all Tesco systems
- Drive alignment with legacy and future products
- Leading the development plans: shaping the overall strategy, defining and prioritising business requirements and working with the different business units to ensure their plans are integrated.
- Work with other Product Managers, architects and the development team to deliver the roadmap using agile methodologies: prioritising requirements, answering development questions and resolving issues, always putting the customer first.
- Proactively seeking improvements to our ways of working across the various teams involved in the development and ongoing management of our shrink & security portfolio.
- Monitoring and understanding the potential of new technologies and business models, identifying and developing new opportunities for Tesco.
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
The Ideal Candidate
Key Skills and Experience
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of;
- Articulating a complex product strategy in terms of consumer and business value.
- Past experience in and ability to demonstrate the 6 capabilities of Product Management (Judgement & Impact, Customer Insight, Data centric, Leading & influencing, Process & techniques, Strategy & innovation)
- Deep understanding of customer journeys and development of products to support them
- Solid technical understanding - you will need to be comfortable having technical conversations, understand the possibilities of technologies and know when to challenge and ask questions.
- End to End Product Ownership. You will have worked across the full lifecycle of software development - define, design, develop and deliver. These will have ideally been in an ecommerce/ retail environment.
- You will be able to demonstrate exposure to and experience of core development skills - information architecture, user journeys, wireframe design, testing and design briefs.
- You will be a natural planner looking ahead, raising issues, providing solutions and meeting deadlines.
- You will have a natural interest in and enthusiasm for operational and security technologies
- The successful candidate will have a tenacious can-do, will-do mentality. Whilst being personally robust and willing to challenge the status quo, you will work closely with other team members and must be able to bring people with you.
- Creative, analytical and pragmatic - you will be able to provide recommendations and make decisions on behalf of the customer and business.
- You will be able to demonstrate a passion for, and understanding of, new technology and consumer trends.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire campus.
- We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary.
- Privilegecard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses