Product Technologist - Welwyn Garden City
As a Technologist in our General Merchandise team, you would deliver/support safe, legal, responsibly sourced, quality products for the Sports, Leisure & Car Care area within the Toys, Nursery, Recreation and Papershop category. This is an exciting opportunity to cover a diverse range of hardline and chemical products, always focusing on our customers and demonstrating value-led behaviour. You would gain exposure to the wider Technical team, the Commercial teams as well as our external Suppliers, who manufacture in the UK and overseas, and other industry experts. You would also gain a wider range of knowledge of other Tesco functions.
- Managing a broad range of products which will include some of the following: luggage, core sports, bike accessories, car maintenance, valeting products & DIY tools
- Assisting to ensure the suppliers of these product have appropriate Technical & ethical audits, & agreed action plans for improvement
- Supporting the Technical Manager (TM) and category to ensure that products in your area are safe, legal, responsibly sourced and meet the product brief, Tesco rules & policies and customer expectations.
- Developing expertise in the field, achieving KPIs and supporting development of policy/protocol in my category
- Working with the TM to minimise cost and risk in the supply chain and product range, ensuring appropriate controls are in place for consistency, legality and quality of products & packaging and signing off products where appropriate
- Ensuring required Due Diligence documents are in place. Ensuring labelling is legal and factually correct
- Monitoring all quality feedback and assisting in implementing actions to resolve issues, ensuring customer queries are answered in a timely way
- Escalating and gathering data to support Incident management and enforcement challenges in my product area
- Inputting product, benchmarking, process and improvement ideas into the New Product Development plan
- Contributing to strategy development with Category teams, supplying data to identify the best suppliers & sources
- Supporting the TM and category to monitor supplier and product performance, communicating trends to the team
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
The Ideal Candidate
Operational skills relevant for this job:
- Data Analysis
- Microsoft Excel
- Stakeholder Management
- Project Management
- Supplier Management
Experience relevant for this job:
- Relevant experience/qualification(s) in a related area
- Quality control / assurance
- Understanding of retail and customer needs
- Passion for product
About The Company
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work and we are proud to have been accredited as one of Britain's Top Employers again this year.
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Privilegecard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses