Assistant Buyer - Welwyn Garden City. Hertfordshire
The electrical team covers a broad section of product areas. We are responsible for the Buying, Moving and Selling of all our ranges end to end from forecast to returns. It is an exciting and very high paced environment, launching new products every week to ensure we have the best and latest multichannel offering for our customers.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- Providing buying support to keep the department running smoothly, report and analysis preparation for my manager
- Understanding customer needs, markets trends and competitor activity
- Helping source products for our department, working with International Sourcing
- Identifying potential new products and new suppliers
- Reviewing (with support) our existing suppliers and their performance
- Negotiating (with support) supplier terms agreements (incl. returns), improving the trading position sustainably
- Supporting category merchandising colleagues in the trade planning process
- Working with suppliers and technical team to ensure product quality is achieved and maintained artwork managed
- Managing samples (incl. obtaining them from suppliers as well as storage and disposal)
- Working with HSC Admin, ensuring new products and suppliers are set up accurately and on time
- Maintaining department's systems and trackers (incl. Buyer View, EQOS, Range Plan) , ensuring they are accurate and updated in a timely manner.
- Loading Commercial Income and ensuring our suppliers are invoiced correctly
- Reviewing and sharing product returns, identifying opportunities for product improvement
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
The Ideal Candidate
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Good Negotiation skills
- Influencing skills both internally and with suppliers and stakeholder management
- Strong ability in Data analysis and numeracy
- MS Office (esp. Excel)
- Experience in turning insight and customer data in to actions and plans
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our offices in Welwyn Garden City, although an element of travel will be involved.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses