Associate Analyst - Farringdon
About The Analytics Platform Capabilities & Service Optimisation Team
The Analytics Platforms Capabilities & Service Optimisation team helps to make more informed and faster decisions by designing new implementations and re-implementations, raising the implementation coverage across core sites alongside with data quality enhancements. Design and build test & learn capability, including SDR for CRO and personalisation tests across multiple platforms and CRO framework from design to solution. Unsure maintainability of services by increasing a percentages of attributed enabled, test velocity and quality.
The Role - Associate Analyst
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- Contribute to designing the analytics capability across Tesco products.
- Measure performance against business goals using KPIs and build self-serve dashboards to monitor KPIs on an ongoing basis.
- Execute end-to-end analyses: gather and shape requirements, define success metrics, identify and validate sources of data, deliver insight and liaise with stakeholders to ensure the best recommendations are identified and delivered.
- Ascertain the size of opportunity and propose experiments across Tesco products.
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
The Ideal Candidate
Key Skills and Experience
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Highly numerate with a University degree of 2:1 or higher in a quantitative discipline or relevant experience.
- Data storytelling and influencing cross-functional stakeholders.
- Digital analytics tools (ideally Adobe Analytics).
- Data visualisation tools (ideally Tableau).
- Manipulating, analysing and blending data using different sources (ideally Alteryx, SQL, Hadoop).
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our Digital Innovation Centre in Farringdon, London.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Privilegecard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses