F&f Online Trading Executive - Hatfield
About The Tesco Direct Team
The Tesco Direct Trading team is a team that consists of trading, imagery & product, copy & editorial and product data functions, covering all categories on direct - general merchandise and clothing. Collectively the team are responsible for delivering a continually improving customer focussed, multi-channel 'e-commerce' experience, which exceeds commercial objectives, by successfully blending commerciality, content, analytics, & visual merchandising.
The Role - Online Trading Executive
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- Assisting in the management of site activities to support the delivery of commercial objectives eg. Sales, Conversion, Margin and core site KPI's.
- Supporting in optimising and ensuring site standards are always achieved or exceeded. This includes site hierarchy, taxonomy and structure for each division (customer & range) and for all channels (site, mobile, kiosk, etc).
- Assist with the Online Trading Manager in maximising the average order value & basket size through Outfit Builder, Cross Sells, recommenders etc.
- Writing online commercial briefs for events/promotions/seasonal campaigns. They are written in a timely and comprehensive manner and ensure that our online site is relevant and up to date.
- Support the analysing of the daily/weekly gross sales and site data and ensure its shared with key stakeholders.
- Understanding and responding to current online customer behaviour and journeys.
- Ensuring all process and procedures are followed to ensure timely delivery of site updates, PIR's and ensuring we are legally compliant.
- Looking for continuous improvement opportunities to maximise the customer experience.
- Maintaining up-to-date and communicating online/M/C competitor activity.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
The Ideal Candidate
Key Skills and Experience
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Previous online trading experience - preferably fashion.
- Proven working knowledge of online trading tools e.g. CMS and online optimisation tools.
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools & HTML.
- Knowledge of Usability & Accessibility requirements.
- Knowledge of online legal requirements.
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our Delamare Building in Hatfield, Hertfordshire.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses