Media And Comms Planning Assistant - Shire Park
This is a new team at the heart of Marketing Communications, recognised for its importance within the business in supporting the brand turnaround. This is a unique opportunity to support and guide on media strategy for the group, focusing on how we use media across the different business units and how we unite supplier media relationships and planning, with business strategy. You will gain unrivalled exposure to a variety of different teams across marketing, working collaboratively on the Group's media partnerships and taking on the role of business specialist for this area. Having developed our approach to strategy and identifying key behaviours in media, you will work closely with the planning team to ensure this is implemented across campaigns.
The ambition of the Marketing Communications team is to create world-class communications and this role is critical to help us achieve that.
You will be joining a vibrant and dynamic team in which you will help plan and develop customer communication across a range of customer and service propositions under the "Helpful Experience" pillar of our communication model. Specifically, this role looks at campaigns around services and propositions that make customers lives easier and simpler, it embodies that famous phrase "Every Little Helps.". The successful candidate will work closely with the lead comms planner to review and formulate campaign briefs from internal stakeholders, define KPIs and audience segmentation as well as ultimately developing the complete communication plan across the entire channel mix. Once the plan has been developed you will then work closely with the channel specialist teams to help deliver engaging and innovative pieces of communication.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding and working knowledge of direct to customer marketing channels including Direct Mail, Email, Paid Search, SEO, Affiliates and Display advertising, as well as a basic understanding of the traditional ATL marketing channels such as AV, Press & OOH. With the ability to create and develop channel agnostic marketing plans independently as well as working with our external media agency. The ideal candidate must also have great people and communications skills, to work seamlessly with the wider team and manage key internal stakeholder relationships.
You'll need to demonstrated experience of:
- Collaborating with a high performing team, giving colleagues opportunities to be their best.
- Coordinating and supporting the creation of channel-agnostic marketing plans with (and independently of) key stakeholders and agencies whilst leveraging available insight.
- Briefing and working with external agencies
- Providing actionable insight based off reports from channel specialists
- Maximising return-on-invest and effort of specialist marketing capability teams to achieve business KPIs.
- Creating relevant and timely reports on both campaign-wide and channel level performance.
- Liaising with key internal stakeholders and/or team members to deliver campaigns from concept to completion.
- Identifying opportunities to create collaborative initiatives across all marketing activity and channels -with a focus on direct to customer communications.
The Ideal Candidate
You should have:
- Previous experience working in a media agency or client-side planning role is preferable
- Basic understanding of all marketing channels
- Ability to deliver projects with challenging deadlines and stakeholders.
- The ability to provide clear, detailed written and verbal updates on project status.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Methodical and detailed approach to solving problems and an interest in delivering creative and technical projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Passion for implementing change and driving value across the entire customer journey.
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'.
Our business was built with a simple mission to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our Head Office in Welwyn Garden City, but the candidate would also be expected to work from London approximately 2 days per week (either in our office in Farringdon or working from agency offices).
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses