Lead Digital Analyst, Online Product - Farringdon
About The Online Analytics & Optimisation Team
The Analytics and Optimisation team sits within the Online Product department. Our mission is to deliver insightful and actionable data, through reporting, analysis, and optimisation; with a focus on establishing best-practice processes and enabling data-driven decision making across all product teams. Tesco Groceries, Tesco Direct, and Clubcard websites and apps are amongst the digital products supported by our team.
The Role - Lead Digital Analyst
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- Owning relationships with Online product managers and UX leads, helping them define goals and KPIs, setting targets, analysing product releases, defining and validating hypothesis, and making product recommendations.
- Executing end-to-end analysis: gathering and shaping requirements; defining success metrics; identifying and validating sources of data; identifying and validating methods of analysis; delivering insights and liaising with clients and partners to ensure the best recommendations are identified and delivered.
- Using data from multiple sources to identify trends, exposing new opportunities, and answering business questions.
- Developing deep knowledge of your area of specialism, and becoming a valued and trusted expert.
- Guiding and mentoring others.
- Using models to serve the purpose of the business, making recommendations to improve customer experience and business results.
- Proactively identifying data quality improvements that increase the performance and accuracy of KPIs and analysis.
- Giving greater context to analyses by incorporating external data for comparison purposes (industry benchmarks)
- Being a central point of contact for best-practice and excellence in your specialist subject.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
The Ideal Candidate
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Working effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and understanding how to contribute to all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you must be able to articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience.
- The ability to influence without authority.
- Several years of experience in analytics positions.
- University degree of 2:1 or higher in a quantitative discipline or relevant experience
- Commercial awareness.
- Managing change in a dynamic environment.
- Being the owner and champion of digital analytics tools (ideally Adobe Analytics).
- Using big data, business intelligence and data visualisation tools (ideally Hadoop and Tableau).
- Online visitor segmentation and statistical modelling techniques.
- Advanced online data collection.
- Thinking at a conceptual level across a number of platforms (web, mobile, tablets, PC).
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop online, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading e-commerce business.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position can be based either at our Digital Innovation Centre in Farringdon, London, or at our head office in Welwyn Garden City, but some travel to the other office will be required.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary.
- Privilegecard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses