F&f Assistant Merchandise Planner - Hatfield
About The F&F Merchandising Team
The merchandising team are responsible for making sure that F&F customers can buy great quality products at the right price. The team work to ensure that the products bought will deliver the sales and profit targets, whilst continually managing stock levels. The Merchandising teams work closely with their respective Buying teams and also work with other departments across F&F including Store Stock Planning, Marketing and Design.
As an Assistant Merchandise Planner you will be accountable for supporting the departments Merchandise Planning Manager by managing the critical paths, updating forecasts and ensuring any risk is highlighted.
The Role - Assistant Merchandise Planner
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- Providing merchandising support to keep the department running smoothly, preparing analysis for my manager (incl. Monday trade analysis) and liaising with the India Merchandising team and suppliers
- Collating share market & competitor insight so to understand what our customers want and analyse markets trends
- Helping build balanced ranges for our department that help meet sales, stock and profit targets
- Overseeing order management critical paths, line projections ensuring ranging databases are up to-date and accurate
- Managing intake to ensure product availability and support new launches and events
- Produce weekly sub class WSSI and line flows which helps my manager track sales, margin and stock across regions and channels
- Preparing analysis which helps my manager to manage risk, suggesting stock repeats and markdown management opportunities
- Scheduling and implementing promotions and markdowns across all channels and regions
- Resolving or escalating supply chain/ replenishment issues, helping the team to hit our stock and availability targets
- Supporting the MPM in preparation for sign off and strategy; analysing history, trends and best and worst
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
The Ideal Candidate
Key Skills and Experience
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Merchandising experience in a retail environment
- Report preparation and analysis
- Confidently using Excel
- Trade planning
- Data analysis
- Ranging database WSSI
- Understanding of the Buying Cycle
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and wider teams
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication skills
- Ability to present confidently to wide audiences
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data quickly and accurately
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you!
The position will be based at the F&F Head Office, Hatfield.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses