Analyst And Data Scientist Opportunities - Welwyn Garden City
Are you a recent graduate in a Mathematical, Science or Engineering based degree and are looking to start your career as an Analyst to help implement real change for the UK's largest retailer?
We have lots of opportunities across our Commercial business functions (Food, Supply Chain, Online/Customer Fulfilment) for entry level graduates to receive full training in a variety of exciting analytical roles.
Please apply now and we will share our opportunities with you.
Some of the exciting tasks you will be doing on a day to day basis are as follows:
- Using a combination of data and business understanding to turn data into insight, root causing issues, defining problems and designing creative solutions.
- Reporting data accurately and turning it into useful information which has context and supporting narrative
- Articulating the opportunity, insight, or project clearly, and can flex style to engage with empathy and conviction.
- Owning the project; build engagement, influence relevant stakeholders and deliver change in line with milestones
- Measuring the costs & benefits associated with your work and recommending suspension/ postponement of delivery if an opportunity fails to materialise or previously unknown costs become apparent
- Maintaining & developing our suite of insight reports to give our operators and leadership visibility of how the business is performing and what we need to do to improve
The Ideal Candidate
- A minimum 2.2 in Mathematical, Science, or Engineering based degree
- An interest in Retail and desire to become an Analyst
- Excited about data and it's capabilities
- Motivated to train, develop and progress your career
About The Company
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work and we are proud to have been accredited as one of Britain's Top Employers again this year.
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life and we would love to hear from you!
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses