Technical Manager - Welwyn Garden City
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic Technical Manager to join a driven and passionate team to support our Dine area within our Home Category. Do you have an eye for detail and a keen interest in this product area? Do you have some experience with food contact, glass and ceramics? Are you a team player who relishes a challenge or two? You will be an integral part of the category function and work closely with our expert buyers and supply base. Delivering and developing great new products across our new and exciting brand and core ranges. This position will suit someone who is keen to learn and wishes to gain fantastic experience from a great team in a fast paced blue chip company.
- Ensuring products in my area are safe, legal, responsibly sourced and meet the product brief, Tesco rules & policies; escalating concerns/specific issues to my line manager as required.
- Developing expertise in my field, achieving my KPIs and supporting development of policy/protocol in my category
- Minimising cost and risk throughout the supply chain and product range, ensuring appropriate controls are in place for consistency, legality and quality of products & packaging and signing off products at appropriate milestones
- Ensuring required Due Diligence documents are in place. Ensuring labelling is legal and factually correct
- Monitoring all quality & customer feedback: including management & reduction of complaints; incidents (EPWs/Recalls), enforcement challenges & implementing actions to resolve issues; with support where required.
- Inputting product, process and improvement ideas into the New Product Development plan
- The technical critical path for new products/product changes,working with suppliers/Tesco Sourcing & flagging risks
- Supporting the strategy with Category teams, helping to identify and develop the best suppliers & sources
- Ensuring my suppliers have Technical and ethical audits as required, agreeing action plans to drive improvement
- Monitoring supplier & product performance & communicating trends to the team to aid the development of long term
partnerships with suppliers, improving processes, quality and value
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant experience/qualification(s) in a related area
- Relevant knowledge/experience of delivering safe, legal, responsibly sourced, quality products to the customer
- Knowledge of legislation and technical standards
- Understanding of retail and customer needs
- Understanding of risk and risk assessment
About The Company
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work and we are proud to have been accredited as one of Britain's Top Employers again this year.
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life and we would love to hear from you!
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary.
- Privilegecard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses