Product Manager - Welwyn Garden City
Are you an Analyst looking to make the step up in to an exciting Product Management position?
As a Product Manager, you will have ownership for a large product that involve multiple internal/ external stakeholders, and you drive product strategy, roadmap and the execution for them.
You work mostly with other members of product team - Senior Product Managers, Technical Program Managers, Commercial teams and engineers, as well as with your product stakeholders.
- Have ownership of a Product involving multiple internal/ external stakeholders and drive the Product strategy & execution of Data Quality for Tesco.
- Engage with my stakeholders to formulate the vision, strategy and long-term roadmap for Data Quality and execute it well by constantly managing stakeholders expectations, working through dependencies across multiple products/ teams
- Work with stakeholders and product managers to define the strategic direction for Product Data Quality.
- Be passionate about product data quality and have a great understanding of product data.
- Define the Data Quality KPIs and dashboards/reports to track them.
- Defining product data quality rule types, (i.e. patterns of rules).
- Configuring rules by Business Users (e.g. Data Stewards)
- Analysing impact of rules by means of data profiling
- Managing the Rules Library.
- Understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders for my product and their pain points really well
- Understand and demonstrate all of the features of my product to different audiences within and outside of my immediate product team
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster
- Steer sprint/ release planning sessions by working with my engineering counterparts to plan sprints/ releases that deliver maximum business value in least effort
- Am accountable for the performance/ adoption of my product and work towards increasing it
- Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team (s) on short-term tasks/ near-term priorities
- Monitor competitor activity and overseas market trends
- Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product and engineering stakeholders
- Provide support and coaching to junior Product Managers as well as peers
- Present to other Tesco Product areas on my Product and its functional/ engineering capabilities
- Driven experiments against defined hypotheses, created MVPs towards robust data-driven decisions on product improvements and their influence on product performance indicators
- Prioritise coordinate and communicate the resolution of live product issues independently
The Ideal Candidate
- A methodical and analytical approach, great problem-solving skills and can provide logical answers to complex problems.
- Used good prioritisation techniques to refine & groom your feature backlog regularly.
- Attitude and the aptitude to learn new product area/domain quickly.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Great presentation & persuasion skills
- Team Player who could work collaboratively with other members of the team.
About The Company
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work and we are proud to have been accredited as one of Britain's Top Employers again this year.
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life and we would love to hear from you!
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses