Buying Manager - Welwyn Garden City
This is an exciting role offering fantastic exposure and progression. You will be exposed to supplier facing buying as well as customer facing selling. The role offers innovation, seasonality and participation in trade events. The role also offers involvement in both Brand and Own Label. The Prepared Produce category is high profile within Produce and offers people management and progression opportunities. This is considered a stretch role and would be an an excellent opportunity for an experienced Buying Manager looking to continue to grow their skills and knowledge with a new experience.
- Building a best in class, long term sourcing plan that is aligned to the Sell and Move plan and that uses our scale competitively
- Finding, developing and managing suppliers, to deliver our customer propositions and our joint business targets whilst ensuring that product quality is achieved & maintained.
- Effectively managing commodity and currency risk and negotiating a sustainable, market leading commercial position
- Supporting my department's trade, promotions and events plan, through sourcing efficiently, striving to exceed KPI forecasts and drive footfall
- Forecasting and managing my budgets effectively. Delivering quantum profit targets. Always being cost conscious.
- Supporting the Move Plan, ensuring we get our products to store efficiently, cost effectively and on time.
- Developing and leading a high performing team, giving them the opportunities to be their best
- Adhering to all Tesco policies, storage and hand-over protocols and successfully completing all my training so that I have zero GSCOP breaches. Ensuring all agreements are recorded in writing, reporting GSCOP complaints to Legal within 48 hours of receipt, and leading a culture of compliance within my team
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
The Ideal Candidate
Proven buy and sell capability.
Good networker / communicator
Great stakeholder management.
Stretch role for an entry Buying Manager to expand their management & leadership skills
About The Company
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work and we are proud to have been accredited as one of Britain's Top Employers again this year.
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life and we would love to hear from you!
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses