Hr/od - Shire Park
The Organisation Design Analyst is responsible for supporting the process of managing headcount and payroll costs across the head office. Analysing data to provide meaningful insight and working with function teams to ensure they own their own headcount - in line with business objectives and guidelines. This is a great role for someone with strong analytical and interpersonal skill
- Providing headcount data and insight to support structure recommendations and business decisions
- Using system applications, particularly Excel, to develop new, and maintain existing reporting, which tracks headcount across the head office
- Supporting teams, in function, to provide tools and the training they need to manage their headcount (Visio and Excel reporting)
- Tracking headcount and payroll data
- Maintaining Head Office Leadership Structure Charts
- Maintaining and developing the OD SharePoint site
- Looking for improvements in ways of working, making our routines slicker and easier to follow
- Managing the OD email inbox and responding to any queries
- Supporting structure change projects, owning and tracking headcount and cost changes, and assisting with structure design
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in communicating analytical findings in a simple way
- MS Excel skills (Vlookups, Sumifs, nested formula and Pivots)
- Experience working with large datasets in Excel
- Communication and numeracy skills
- Stakeholder management
- Problem Solving
- Basic MS Visio skills
- Experience of working on change projects
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is 'Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'.
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses