Location Planning Manager - Welwyn Garden City
The Location Planning team are responsible for setting new store strategy for the UK, as well as recommending and ensuring that Property reflect local catchment and customer behaviours in all decisions we make to maximise value from our estate. We are locational data experts for Property and for the Business; inputting into wide ranging strategic business projects that require spatial expertise.
- Supporting the Property Cycle and approval process for all new, refresh and disposal opportunities by delivering sales forecasts, using local catchment knowledge and insight of how our stores trade.
- Leading and developing our store portfolio strategy for Property for the next 3 years, highlighting areas for growth and improvement, ensuring this is always clearly communicated.
- Working closely with the Property Acquisitions team to ensure that Asset Optimisation projects are driven by customer behaviours and catchment analysis, as well as maximising value from our estate.
- Inputting into strategic business projects that require a locational/spatial aspect to be considered, using analytical techniques and logic to present data to senior stakeholders in a simple format, making clear recommendations.
- Reviewing sites and stores in my region collaborating with Property, Finance and Retail teams.
- Having an in-depth understanding of a region of the UK, engaging with the Customer Insight team to provide any local understanding of stores, competition and catchments to help with strategic insight projects.
- Identifying opportunities to improve our ways of working, aligning with our Global Location Planning teams, to ensure consistent processes.
- Coaching/line managing experience available after 3-5 years in the role.
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 2 years experience within a Location Planning/Insight role that incorporates understanding of locational and/or spatial data (Geography, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics degrees relevant).
- Understanding of demographic and locational/spatial data.
- Ability to interpret large sets of data, using analytical techniques.
- Previous experience of using GIS.
- Intermediate Excel and Powerpoint skills.
- Previous use of Alteryx, although not essential.
About The Company
The roles in Property are highly diverse. You could be creating new designs or developing a new layout for an existing store. You might be improving current practices by improving the customer experience, maintaining our portfolio, acquiring land or buildings, managing the programme, providing cost plans, coordinating significant construction projects and always focusing on making things better, simpler and cheaper. It is critical to our work that we support local communities and make sure that our stores are entirely tailored to their needs.
We're proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life and we'd love to hear from you!
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Privilegecard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses