People Partner - Acton
About The People Team
Our colleagues are at the heart of everything we do, that's serving our shoppers a little better every day. We're passionate about creating an environment where they can do just that. As part of the team you can make a difference to 300,000 colleagues' by:
- Providing opportunities for everyone to grow, learn and develop
- Making sure our colleagues feel engaged and that they are rewarded for their contribution
- Getting the basics right so they can focus on being the best at their jobs
- Creating an inclusive culture so that they love to come to work
- Designing the right structures for our business and empowered roles for our colleagues
The Role - People Partner - Localised Operations
Our business is constantly evolving, so whilst some responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the business, here is an overview of the main responsibilities.
You will be responsible for:
- Unlocking high performance and capability, coaching managers on how to effectively manage performance, creating environments where our teams are able to deliver our core purpose and delight our customers.
- Proactively managing workforce supply and demand inc. resourcing, succession planning and early career development programmes, delivering a strong talent pipeline to meet current and future needs.
- Consulting and diagnosing key cultural and capability needs, being curious, agitating and engaging management teams to identify and achieve improvements (inc. retention and exit interview data).
- Managing communication and engagement of local stakeholders to ensure they are well informed on our UK People and Capability Plan.
- Supporting localised problem solving through great relationships with colleagues, managers and union reps, focusing on early and informal resolution of issues, attending and supporting forum processes.
- Championing a consistent colleague experience.
- Leading in the delivery and sustainability of People Plan and core business change programmes.
- Being informed on People policies, employment law, experienced and curious about retail and logistics business.
- Using technology to collaborate on shared accountabilities, leading the way into a digital workplace.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
The Ideal Candidate
Key Skills and Experience
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Effectively and courageously driven performance and capability.
- Taking People Management theory and translate into practical actions.
- Working within a generalist HR role.
- Utilising different resourcing and talent management methods / tools/ techniques.
- CIPD qualified advantageous.
- Flexible, responsive and creative
- Able to effectively plan and organise
- Good at building trusted relationships with colleagues and senior leadership
- Able to demonstrate strong communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the matrix organisation
About The Company
Everything we do is about helping our customers and for almost a hundred years, we've made it our business to make life easier for them. From providing quality food affordably to helping people shop however, wherever and whenever they want. We serve millions of customers each and every day.
If you believe in great service, and want the chance to get on and develop, that's great because we offer a world of opportunities here at Tesco.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank