Lead Campaign Planning Manager - Shire Park
This is a new team at the heart of Marketing Communications, recognised for its importance within the business in supporting the brand turnaround. This is a unique opportunity to support and guide on media plans for a key pillar of our Communication - Value and General Merchandise. You will gain unrivalled exposure to a variety of different teams across marketing and the broader business, working collaboratively on the Group's media partnerships and taking on the role of business specialist for this area. Working collaboratively with the Campaign Management team, external media agency and channel experts, this role will be focused on developing the optimum plans across owned and paid media.
The ambition of the Marketing Communications team is to create world-class communications and this role is critical to help us achieve that. Recent successes in this role have included a ground-breaking cross-industry newsbrands partnership with The Sun and The Mirror, the introduction of dynamic DOOH at Christmas serving highly localised messages, and cross-media partnerships with high-profile publishing and broadcast brands for the launches of new General Merchandise ranges Go Cook and Fox & Ivy.
The planner will own, develop and manage channel-agnostic communication plans, leveraging available insight, data analytics and an excellent working knowledge of digital and offline channels - to deliver effective, innovative and fully-integrated campaigns. Work will include the planning of both paid media online and offline and Tesco's vast owned media estate.
Specifically, this role will work closely with the Campaign Management team and have a clear focus on identifying the role for channels to deliver against specific campaign objectives. The Value pillar is a critical component of our Comms model and is focused on driving both long-term value perceptions and weekly sales through our 'Weekly Little Helps' vehicle.
Once the plan has been developed you will then work with the channel specialists to deliver helpful, engaging and innovative customer messages.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding and working knowledge of all channels, and experience of working with (or at) media agencies to formulate plans. This role will need to work closely with the campaign teams to ensure that production briefs are relevant, full and give the channel experts the best opportunity to deliver the brief effectively through their channels.
The successful candidate will be responsible for forecasting, managing and measuring large budgets effectively. Plus they will work closely with the analytics and measurement team to deliver accurate, insightful and timely reports on both campaign-wide and channel level performance for the relevant business areas/teams. There will be an opportunity to continually evolve and adapt through a rigorous Test and Learn agenda which encourages innovation.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and flourish when given the autonomy to make quick decisions.
The ideal candidate must have great people and communications skills, to work seamlessly with the wider team and manage key internal stake-holder relationships.
The Ideal Candidate
Key Skills and Experience:
- Work closely with specific business units and teams to fully understand, inform and interrogate business briefs.
- Turn business briefs/problems into cross channel marketing plans.
- Challenge the media agency and channel teams to deliver the most effective and innovative plans to address briefs.
- Understand, build upon and share performance of all campaigns/comms at channel, campaign and customer level.
- Manage budgets efficiently and effectively.
- Own and drive the customer comms annual plan for the Value and GM pillar.
- Previous experience of communications planning across multiple customer channels.
- Fantastic people/stakeholder management and communications skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good understanding of marketing analytics.
- Demonstrate experience and ability of effectively managing large budgets.
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is 'Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'.
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses