Direct Mail Production Assistant - Shire Park
The Direct Marketing Team is responsible for the excellent execution and targeting of all direct marketing communications from Tesco, including Direct Mail, Email and SMS. We also stand over the constant development of these channels and our capability within them. We are currently in the middle of a major (and very exciting) change programme, utilising new technology and data structures to deliver automation and personalisation at scale across all direct channels.
Supporting a DM production manager, you will manage the creative and production of high quality Direct Mail packs, ensuring everything that goes out of the door is right for the customer and best in class. This is a really exciting time to join the team as we move onto a new marketing platform and start to step change the volume of automation and personalisation in our direct mail.
- Working with stakeholders throughout the business to produce direct mail campaigns as required
- Writing technically excellent direct mail briefs for our agencies and manage the creative process, including QA.
- Maintaining strong relationships with targeting teams, internal and external, in order to successfully schedule and deliver direct mail campaigns and scope audience targeting.
- Using channel expertise to offer insight and direction to Comms Planning, Campaign teams and other stakeholders
- Monitoring campaign performance and effectiveness, identifying further opportunities to improve the operational process and creative output.
- Being a custodian for the Tesco brand, ensuring all copy and creative follows guidelines.
- Working alongside other direct marketing experts as follows:
- Measurement & Optimisation team to effectively test and learn to drive improvements in campaigns
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Ensuring relevant stakeholders are engaged throughout the production process and relevant approval is received at the right point in time.
- Deliver a consistent and optimised experience for our customers by aligning with content and messaging from other communications and activity planned across the business.
- Manage critical paths so deadlines are met and risks are managed.
The Ideal Candidate
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you must be able to articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience.
- Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders of all levels inside and outside of Tesco, building and maintaining solid working relationships.
- Strong project management credentials to deliver direct mail to timelines and budget.
- Creative and copy writing
- Campaign Management
- Experience of direct mail campaigns - creative development, planning and operations, analysis and reporting of completed campaigns
- Ability to translate a business objective into a creative brief.
- Using customer insight to direct the messaging delivered to relevant customers.
- Integrity and drive
- Resilient and pragmatic
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Enjoys working as part of a team and is motivated to put the customer first.
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is 'Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'.
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses