Senior Online Trading Analyst - Welwyn Garden City
About The Online Analytics & Optimisation Team
The successful applicant will join the Analytics and Optimisation team, which sits within the Online Product department, looking after Tesco's online properties. The Analytics and Optimisation team is responsible for providing insight and learning to the wider Product, Trading, UX, and Commercial teams to help drive decision making based on business requirements. The Partner and Trading Analytics team works more closely with Commercial and Trading colleagues, enhancing data consumption and driving actions to optimise online product discovery.
This role is duel based between Welwyn Garden City and Farringdon, London
The Role -Senior Online Trading Analyst
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- Collaborate with Online Trading and Product teams to understand their performance management needs, and to translate business challenges into questions and analysis, to support customer acquisition and retention plans, and user journey optimisation
- Establish trading efficiency measurements, build return on investment models, and implement a self-service reporting environment for proactive trading performance reviews
- Own and communicate results to stakeholders, alongside recommendations for improvements
- Develop and implement a robust methodology for the trading content optimisation teams
- Suggest improvements and feed existing trading content tagging issues to the implementation backlog
- Perform deep-dive analyses using Adobe Analytics, including Teradata and Hadoop
- Work closely with core Analytics teams, coaching colleagues, and sharing best practice and insights
- Follow our Business Code of Conduct and also act with integrity and due diligence
The Ideal Candidate
Key Skills and Experience
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Manipulating, analysing and synthesising data, from different sources
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Advanced use of digital analytics tools (ideally Adobe Analytics)
- Good use of Business Intelligence and visualisation tools (ideally Tableau, Microstrategy)
- Explaining complex systems and complicated information to stakeholders in relatable terms
- Maintaining commercial awareness in your analyses and presentations
- The ability to influence without authority, managing cross-functional stakeholder relationships
- University degree of 2:1 or higher, in a quantitative discipline, or equivalent.
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our Welwyn Garden City campus.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary.
- Privilegecard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses