Level 6 Food Science And Technology Apprenticeship - Shire Park
Working in the technical team is exciting and fast paced. Their core purpose is to deliver great food, sourced with care, every day.
Our Technical Apprenticeship Programme runs in the food area of the business and involves working with Chilled, Frozen or Ambient products. Working in each of these areas means working with suppliers of differing sizes and capabilities.
Whichever food area you find yourself in you'll have plenty of time to study and will have great support from a buddy and a mentor. You'll also have leadership training which is unique to Tesco, giving you the perfect start to your successful and exciting career.
The great thing about apprenticeships is the ability to learn as you earn. Over the 4 years of your programme, you'll split your time between the office, suppliers and working towards your Level 6 apprenticeship. This allows you to continually develop and put everything you have learnt into practice.
Here in the Technical team it is important for customers to grow trust in our brand and feel confident in every Tesco product they choose. We want colleagues to feel proud about the products they sell and ensure our suppliers are supported to build secure futures.
A technologist works closely with our suppliers to make sure we are delivering quality products that are safe and legal for our customers. You will be responsible for product safety, quality and legality in your own product area.
The Ideal Candidate
- 240 UCAS Points (excluding General Studies)
- Maths and English GCSE Grade C/4 or above
- To work with others and achieve success together
- To put people and our customers at the heart of what you do
- To be agile in the way you think, make decisions and handle change
- To stick to your values and do the right thing, even when it's tough
- A positive attitude, and a way of inspiring confidence in others
- To be connected to the latest thinking, inside and outside of the business
- The hunger to drive your own career and become one of our leaders.
- Be an innovator, spotting opportunities to improve our business
- Show great resilience, staying positive and inspiring confidence in others.
About The Company
About Tesco UK
Our operations in the UK are the largest within the Group, with over 3500 stores and over 310,000 colleagues. We have strengthened the foundations of the UK business and we are now accelerating plans to deliver the most compelling offer for customers with sharper prices, improved quality, stronger ranges and better service. Every colleague has an amazing opportunity to play their part in delivering small changes every day that can make a big difference to customers and colleagues.
Core Purpose and Values
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
That's why we've chosen 'Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day' as our new core purpose. As a business, serving customers is at the heart of everything we do - from colleagues in our stores to those of us in supporting roles.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary.
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2 nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses