Senior Designer - Shire Park
About The Creative Content and Editorial Team
Comprising of designers, developers, copywriters and delivery leads, our team are responsible for the creative execution of the core pages across the majority of Tesco's websites. The team comprises of 8 designers here in the UK along with addition support based in India.
We inspire, design and deliver the very best digital creative and content for our customers.
Always optimising to drive engagement, conversion and satisfaction.
Creating online & digital designs, & offering strategic guidance to support online trading, campaigns and propositions - design expert capable of coaching others, guiding UX and ensuring visual design aligned to business needs
In this job I am accountable for:
- Producing compelling, customer-focused design work for our online touchpoints that incorporates visual concepts, typography and imagery.
- Leading hands-on creative output - responding to briefs and delivering first-rate quality, attention to detail, consistency and innovation.
- Supporting designers - giving creative direction, ensuring appropriate QA processes in place ahead and effective prioritisation.
- Working closely with development team prior to, during and after design to ensure projects are delivered to best creative standards.
- Working closely with UX and UI to ensure the customer journey is delivered in the most effective way.
- Inputting into Tesco-wide projects & processes ensuring designs fit for online & towards convergence for one Tesco.
- Communicating and collaborating effectively across the business to build strong stakeholder relationships.
- Proactive learning & personal development; driving industry best practice across peers and designers.
- Line managing designers, setting pdp's and objectives.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
The Ideal Candidate
Key Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role you'll need:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Asana (or other online process-flow tools)
- Coaching & mentoring
- Managing change & setting priorities
- Influencing peers & stakeholders
- Able to communicate design related decisions with colleagues and stakeholders.
- 5 years + digital design experience.
- Leading other designers and giving creative direction
- Previous roles in ecommerce
- Expert in industry standard design software.
- Expert graphic design skills covering image editing,
- Typography and layout/composition.
- A design knowledge of HTML & CSS.
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is 'Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'.
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses