Customer Proposition Manager - Shire Park
To balance exceptional delivery for customers on what matters, engaging teams and colleagues, with the needs of the business. You are an expert and often the first layer of management of people or projects. Proposition development to improve the customer experience and shopping trip.
- Create propositions: compelling and unique products, services and experiences that meet customer needs
- Write the brief & developing concepts for these customer propositions, including our proposition canvas
- Design and deliver rapid, iterative trials for the propositions
- Assess trial results and recommend whether to proceed / amend / abandon the propositions
- Use various sources to keep up to date with trends, competitors and Tesco customers. Interpret and use this information to initiate and influence new propositions that will enhance the customer shopping trip
- Develop, maintain and utilise a great network to keep informed and get involved in key projects affecting the customer shopping trip
- Ensure that customer propositions are affordable, scalable and ultimately profitable
- Influence and gain support with key stakeholders and teams to mobilise propositions
- Lead streams of work, ensuring that our team and other stakeholders remain true to the proposition vision
- Ensure that all change is reviewed, successes are shared, improvements are acted upon and that learnings are carried forward to future propositions
The Ideal Candidate
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills, translating insight and trends into strategic opportunities
- Proposition development
- Building business cases
- Relationship building skills
- Effective meeting management
- Able to communicate complex issues in a simple way
- A passion for delivering a great experience to the customer
- An ability to work under pressure and manage both upstream and downstream
- Previous Proposition experience an advantage
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is 'Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'.
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses