Strategy Manager - Welwyn Garden City
Are you an experienced Business or Commercial Analyst/Buyer looking to continue to grow your skills and knowledge with a new experience?
This is a great opportunity to help define and implement Tesco's price strategy. You will provide structuring and executing insightful analyses and working closely with category teams to deliver the right solutions for our customers and our business.
- Helping to develop the frameworks and insights that translate Tesco's overall business strategy into commercial initiatives and pricing actions
- Structuring and performing (or leading) the necessary analyses for strategic projects, such as price investment, price architecture and range optimisation
- Translating price strategy and policy into clear and actionable guidelines for both internal and external audiences
- Working closely with other teams in the Product division, such as Product Proposition, Promotions, Trade Planning, and Space, Range & Display (SRD) to ensure our full commercial strategy is aligned and executed efficiently
- Collaborating with teams across the wider business, including Category, Insight and Channel specialists, to identify current/potential opportunities and develop the right solutions for our customers and our business
- Performing ad hoc research and analyses to diagnose recent performance and operational issues
- Balancing and prioritising work across short-term projects and long-term initiatives
- Staying up-to-date on relevant industry regulations, competitor news and best practices
- Acting as a thought leader on pricing and related topics, representing the team throughout Tesco
The Ideal Candidate
- Three to five years in strategy consulting or a strategic, finance or commercial role in retail, FMCG or a related industry
- Experience working with senior stakeholders and presenting recommendations
- Pricing experience a plus
About The Company
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work and we are proud to have been accredited as one of Britain's Top Employers again this year.
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life and we would love to hear from you!
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses