Programme Manager - Welwyn Garden City
Tesco is transforming how we buy and manage Products for Customers, re-defining how colleagues work with each other and with our partners, ensuring processes across Buy and Manage are simple, standard and effective
In Product Transformation we are accountable for the creation of world leading technology Products which embed this best practice alongside world class data science. Together we are empowering our colleagues to deliver relevant, timely, loved, innovative and compliant products to our customers however they choose to shop with us.
Joining our team of Product, Programme and Change Managers you will have the opportunity to contribute in a very real way to Tesco's success.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Programme Manager to work on our Range Programme. The outcome of the programme will be to successfully land the future process, product and policy of the define range stage of our service model, delivering the capability for world leading execution of range
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
Reporting to the Head of Programmes you will be accountable for ensuring the timely and continuous delivery of coordinated change with defined benefits across a complex programme of products and projects, using established Programme Management principles.
- Set up and manage the Programme governance forums to ensure alignment to business strategy and appropriate escalation and response is managed
- Have accountability for sharing your programmes outputs and managing cross programme interdependencies, risks and escalating issues
- Lead change and be able to envision and communicate the better future state that your programme will deliver, engaging and inspiring your stakeholders.
- Oversee production of the Programme Plan and proactively monitor its overall progress, resolving issues, initiating corrective action as appropriate, reporting progress regularly to the Head of Programmes and governance forum.
- Steer the programme by working with my product/project counterparts to ensure that deliver maximum business value through a coherent plan.
- Produce all core programme documents which will enable your programme success.
- Manage the programme's budget, monitoring expenditures and costs against benefits as the programme progresses
- Establish clear direction, accountabilities and deliverable expectations for the Product Leadership Team.
The Ideal Candidate
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of;
· Programme management best practice & methodologies (PM qualifications such as MSP desirable)
. Proven success of having managed a complex programmes / projects that led to the delivery of significant value to your stakeholders
. Broad knowledge and understanding of both Product Management and software development methodologies and processes.
· A methodical and analytical approach, great problem-solving skills and can provide logical answers to complex problems
· Attitude and the aptitude to learn new product area/domain quickly.
· Excellent written & verbal communication skills
· Great presentation & persuasion skills
· Financial acumen
· This job would suit a Team Player who enjoys and is inspired by working collaboratively with other members of the team and wider stakeholders.
About The Company
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work and we are proud to have been accredited as one of Britain's Top Employers again this year.
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life and we would love to hear from you!
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses