Learning Manager - Shire Park
Without our colleagues, Tesco just wouldn't be Tesco. That's why our Human Resources function is known as the People team. Our colleagues are at the heart of what we do: serving our customers better every day, so we're passionate about creating an environment where they can do just that. Regardless of the business area you work in you'll get on by knowing the business inside out. That means living our values and building great relationships with the fantastic people across our business.
This role will be accountable for the identification and creation of training methods and materials, tailored by stakeholder and channel and creating clear, simple and engaging material for colleagues.
- Creating clear, simple and engaging learning methods and materials for colleagues to support the changes being implemented
- Working corroboratively with subject matter experts to understand and identify skills and capability gaps, from which I then create (and externally source) training materials and a methodology to support the change implementation in all channels
- Through working closely with the Change Managers, I seek colleague feedback on training, iterating as relevant to further support the roll out of change implementation, while tweaking as relevant for new channels and audiences as part of the Programme
- Working in partnership with the central Learning and Development teams to ensure consistency and best practice
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Developing and leading a high performing team, giving them the opportunities to be their best
The Ideal Candidate
Operation skills relevant for this role:
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Strong Project Management
- Excellent stakeholder management skills across all business grades
- Passionate about making a difference for our colleagues and our customers
- Experience delivering learning material for a programme of work
- Project Management
- Experience working in your Channel
- Technical/Systems knowledge beneficial
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is 'Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'.
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses