Maintenance Technician - Hitchin
Tesco Maintenance are seeking to recruit an Electrical Technician in Hitchin to work as part of our Electrical Services Delivery Team. Working closely with the Store teams, the Electrical Technicians will deliver a first class service to ensure all electrical systems needed to serve customers are maintained in a safe manner with high equipment availability at all times. This will support Tesco Maintenance in ensuring our retail business is able to continue to deliver its promise of serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day.
Check out our colleagues in action. Youtube: https://youtu.be/0nmLi_tfrr4
- Provide a first class service ensuring premises are safe places to work, shop and visit - Ensure that all tasks are carried out safely in line with company policies and procedures.
- Carry out day to day maintenance duties across the Tesco estate consisting of;
planned and reactive maintenance to;
- distribution circuits - lighting and power systems,
- fault diagnosis and repair of electrical equipment,
- monitoring and improvements to existing electrical systems working to
manufacturer and regulatory safety standards.
- Install minor electrical systems to 17th Edition wiring regulations.
- Provide assessments and advice on existing systems to key stakeholders as part of a collaborative approach.
- Assisting management teams to improve and develop current electrical process and procedures through a continuous improvement approach.
The Ideal Candidate
C&G 2360 Part 1&2 or equivalent
C&G 2382-15 -17th Edition
UK driving Licence
C&G 2391 or equivalent
C&G 2377 - PAT
Experience working on CCTV
About The Company
At Tesco Maintenance, it's our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we've got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work nationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers.
We offer excellent benefits that help to make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include the right tools and equipment to help support employees every day. Uniform and personal protection equipment to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment. Support from a large regional team as well as training, qualifications and support to build a successful career. A fantastic package with regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers. After 6 months you will receive a Colleague Card, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line. When you join us you'll be able to join our Pensions scheme..