Brand Insight Analyst - Shire Park
About The Group Insight and Foresight team
The Insight and Foresight team is responsible for championing customer opportunities for growth, identifying opportunities, supporting proposition development and execution and reviewing performance against objectives.
We do this through strong internal partnerships that are based on a shared customer agenda and inspiring stories that inspire action. We use best in class analytics methodologies and toolkits and strong agency partnerships that allow us to build rigorous insight from multiple data sources. Our unrivalled insight expertise and strong commercial acumen means our recommendations have impact in the business.
The Role - Brand Insight Analyst
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures.
NB. Whilst there will be some opportunity to work on ad hoc research projects, this is primarily an Analyst role where focus will be on data analysis.
- Supporting the brand insight manager in working with multiple sources of data, agencies and stakeholders to identify the opportunities & unmet needs for ETT/core /finest that best drive our share and BJTD targets - highlighting gaps and ensuring we prioritise those that can have the biggest customer impact
- Using continuous data (Kantar, IRI, dunnhumby) to review performance of key brand initiatives - pulling data into succinct reviews with a clear story and recommendations
- Using data to validate hypothoses or ascertain size of prize to enable the right prioritisation of opportunities
- Highlighting issues to fix or ways to optimise our plans for core/ETT/Finest through leading robust brand performance reviews - including ownership of quarterly reviews of OB buyer behaviour and sales metrics using multiple data sources (Kantar, Dunhumby etc.) -flagging any knowledge gaps or areas for further investigation
- Management of our OB tracking study - linking this with other data sources and highlighting issues and priority opportunities for the brands against objectives & BJTD targets
- Being the key insight support on smaller scale priority brand research projects - recommending agency and approach, signing off brief and proposal and ensuring clear recommendations are delivered based on insight
- Building strong, trusted relationships with stakeholders across multidisciplinary teams - utilising great influencing skills based on inspiring storytelling and sound commercial understanding to ensure joined up thinking across teams and that our recommendations lead to tangible actions.
- Proactively seek out best practice and innovative analytics techniques to improve the quality, efficiency and impact of the insight delivered.
- Take accountability for agency management and contractual agreements with key agencies as appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Proven data analytics expertise - ideally with experience of working with Nielsen/IRI/Kantar data
- Strong numerical skills and drawing insight by combining varied and large data sources
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams to deliver joint objectives.
- Proven ability to synthesise multiple &/or complex data sources into simple, actionable take outs
- An ability to prioritise insight projects and activities based on business objectives.
- Attention to detail and a good understanding of how to commercialise insight
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you must be able to articulate complex ideas in a simple and compelling way
- The ability to influence without authority
- Customer empathy
- Bachelors degree or demonstrable experience required advanced degree a plus
- SQL, Hadoop
- Tableau, Qlkview, Microstrategy
- Proficient Excel
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite place to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our passion for serving customers a little better every day, fuelled by our ability to translate customer needs and opportunities into world class products and services that our customers return to time and time again.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a critical part in championing customer opportunities that drive the long term growth of Tesco.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our Head Office in Welwyn Garden City.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses