Campaign Planning Assistant - Shire Park
This is a new team at the heart of Marketing Communications, recognised for its importance within the business in supporting the brand turnaround.
As a media team we aim to deliver plans and partnerships that are truly innovative and differentiated, allowing us to stand out vs. our competitors whilst delivering against the business objectives.
This is a unique opportunity to own the delivery of targeted communications aimed at our current customers and colleagues, supporting our biggest advertising campaigns and our Clubcard loyalty scheme. You will gain unrivalled exposure to a variety of different teams across marketing and the broader business, taking on the role of business specialist for this area. Working collaboratively with the Campaign Management team, external media agency and channel experts, this role will be focused on developing the optimum plans across targeted digital media and CRM.
At Tesco we have a great wealth of customer data available to us, through observing how our customers behave in store as well us understanding what it is our customers like to buy through our Clubcard scheme.
As a planning team, we have the responsibility of using this data to speak to our customers in a truly helpful way - using what we know about them to deliver the best possible experience through our communications and advertising.
The planning assistant will own the delivery of customer focused communications across a range of CRM and digital channels, to support the planning manager in delivering against overarching campaign objectives.
Specifically, this role will involve taking the strategy set by the campaign planning manager, and developing this into targeted executional plans, working with our channel teams (e.g. social media team), data partners (e.g. Dunnhumby) and our media agency to do so.
Once the campaign has been delivered, the planning assistant will then lead the evaluation of the customer and colleague focused communications- distilling performance data down into clear insights and actionable learnings for future campaigns.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and flourish when given the autonomy to make quick decisions.
The ideal candidate must have great people and communications skills, to work seamlessly with the wider team and manage key internal and external stake-holder relationships.
The Ideal Candidate
Key Skills and Experience
- Ability to translate data into insight, and insight into executional strategy
- Ability to challenge in a constructive way, leading to the best plans possible from both our internal channel teams and agencies
- An eagerness to learn about targeted digital media, CRM and loyalty schemes
- Previous experience in media or campaign management a bonus
- Data and insight driven mind-set
- Fantastic communications skills, with the ability to inspire and lead stakeholders towards a common goal
- An entrepreneurial mind-set, with a passion for doing things differently and constantly trying and testing new things
- Excellent organisational skills
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is 'Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'.
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses