Responsible Sourcing Manager - Welwyn Garden City
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and experienced environmental professional to join our Responsible Sourcing team. The Responsible Sourcing team at Tesco works across the business and with external stakeholders to deliver our environment and human rights commitments and ambitions. This entails identifying, analysing and prioritising our environmental and human rights impacts and risks within our food and general merchandise supply chains. We then help to develop solutions to address those impacts and risks to ensure we source responsibly, meet customer expectations and maintain Tesco's reputation as a trusted leader.
The core focus for this role will be on our marine sustainability agenda: to meet our commitments to source all our wild fish sustainably and lead the industry in addressing key sustainability challenges in our supply chains. The candidate's work will cover the Tesco Group, however they will start with a specific focus on our UK markets. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving this agenda in line with our environmental sustainability approach: reviewing targets; measuring our results; driving supply chain improvements; stimulating transformational change and advocating for enabling policies and incentives. The post holder will also manage various stakeholder relationships with experts, campaigners and industry peers.
Beyond the marine sustainability agenda, the Responsible Sourcing Manager will account manage specific Tesco categories and suppliers - providing general guidance and acting as first point of contact on wider environment and human rights issues in our Responsible Sourcing Agenda.
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant Bachelor's degree
- A strong knowledge and understanding of marine sustainability issues
- Experience working in responsible sourcing (e.g. within UK food context)
- Ability to build cross-industry collaboration to address marine sustainability issues, including through Fishery Improvement Projects (FIPs) and joint advocacy initiatives
- Experience of engaging actors and stakeholders within the seafood value chain (e.g. fishers, processors, brands etc.)
- High credibility with campaigners and marine sustainability experts
- Account management experience would be an advantage.
- General understanding of business and human rights would be an advantage.
About The Company
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work and we are proud to have been accredited as one of Britain's Top Employers again this year.
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life and we would love to hear from you!
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses