Product Manager - The Lever Building
As the Product Manager for the new, re-platformed Online Grocery and Home Shopping (GHS) App, you must have a proven track record of delivering beautiful, helpful and effective e-commerce products that are effortless to use. You will have previous experience working with grocery, shopping or ecommerce products and you clearly understand customer funnels and native app strategies.
In the short term, you will need to hit the ground running to launch the new GHS app to our customers. Once this is live, you will be responsible for defining the future of Online Grocery Shopping and delivering value to customers through our new app every day. You will be delivering against broader Tesco initiatives, whilst simultaneously developing a clear mid/long-term strategy for how we work towards our strategic vision of a single, cohesive Tesco app platform.
You need to be serious about your product performance, user retention and no-one understands your customer metrics better than you. A/B Testing is life. You have clear examples of successful tests in previous products you have managed and can clearly articulate when optimising for JFDI makes more sense.
You will immerse yourself in the strategy behind building the right products and driving the business forwards using real data and customer behaviour. You have clear examples of when you have managed your product roadmap effectively and you actually understand what being "agile" means in practical terms; you aren't just a zealot.
Solving customer problems, whether big or small, is what gets you out of bed every morning. You have proven experience in stakeholder management and communication, with all tiers of the business; whether you are conversing with the development team, Product leads, directors or CEO, you have it covered.
This is a rare opportunity to combine the day to day customer centric and data-informed product management and working with an entirely green-field native app product.
Join our team if you strive to be the best in the world at what you do and want to be surrounded by others who do so as well.
- Own the delivery of the new Grocery and Home Shopping experience within the Native Apps platform.
- Translate the vision and proposition into clear requirements that the team are able to successfully build against in a rapid, iterative way.
- Work tirelessly with key stakeholders to form and articulate the GHS roadmap, managing dependencies and expectations through clear prioritisation decisions.
- Interface directly with the Head of Product for Mobile to align the app roadmap and strategy to the wider platform.
- Understand the importance of delivering the Minimum Delight-able Product (MPD) over the Minimum Viable Product and can provide clear business cases to justify decisions.
- Responsible for product performance metrics and using data to make smart decisions that maximise the value returned to users and deliver against KPIs.
- Use product performance metrics to create data informed hypothesis. Test these hypothesis as part of the day-to-day activity and evangelise the importance of A/B testing within the team and amongst peers.
- Collaborate and communicate clearly and concisely with all teams (dev, design, in-store etc) and at all tiers (e.g. Directors, MD's etc) in the business, making sure that everyone always understands what the team is working on and why.
- Evangelise the product within the rest of the business and peers, presenting success and highlighting lessons learned to ensure cross-platform consistency is achieved.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and oversee market trends to constantly stay on top of the product strategy and direction.
- Be committed to continuous improvement, never settling for mediocre and pushing the boundaries with improvements, ideas and suggestions; not matter where the idea has come from.
- Provide support to peers and junior team members, helping everyone to perform to their best.
- Regularly present the Product area to the rest of the business and I am considered the expert in my area.
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 2/3 years of real Product Management experience.
- Previous experience working with ecommerce platforms is desirable.
- Previous experience working on Native Apps is desirable.
- Working knowledge and experience of product management best practice & methodologies.
- Proven success of having managed a complex product that led to the delivery of significant value to your stakeholders.
- Understand User Research/ Design Thinking concepts and applied those for your product work.
- Ideally you would have knowledge of, experience with and a healthy scepticism of:
- Agile and adaptations of...
- Apple OS
- Android OS
- Native App UX and IA
- Analytics and testing tools
- Coversion Funnel analysis
- A/B testing
- Self-starter attitude, point in the right direction and go.
- Being data-informed is more than just a phrase, it's a way of life.
- You are a problem solver, you reach for "how do I" rather than "I can't".
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Great presentation & persuasion skills
- Open and positive attitudes. We aren't perfect and need to push ourselves to change. We have no place for "that's the way we always did it".
- A cool head, we are a supportive and fun loving team but we thrive under pressure and we get things done.
- Good knowledge in the use of Tools & Techniques for Backlog prioritisation, managing dependencies and for gaining insights using available data points.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the technologies relevant to product management.
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is 'Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'.
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses