Content Optimisation And Social Listening Manager - Shire Park
About the Content Centre of Excellence
The Content Centre of Excellence Team creates marketing content. That means we plan, create, distribute and evaluate content - online and offline.
You'll see our content everywhere: on our social media platforms, on our website, in Tesco magazine (the UK's most-read publication), and in other places like our gift guide. We also write and design the emails that get sent to customers and direct mail they get through the post, to name but a few.
At Tesco, our purpose is to make sure we're always "serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day". We bear this in mind when creating all content - making sure that it's as helpful as possible for our customers, whilst allowing us to stand out.
We work closely alongside the wider business, making sure that the content we create contributes to Tesco's wider business strategy - and the core purpose we mentioned earlier. We may be the country's biggest retailer, but we want customers to feel like we're talking directly to them in a friendly way.
This is what we'll expect you to do and how we'll measure your success when you do it. You will:
- Lead on all measurement for the content team, supporting team members and agencies to deliver measurement plans that help Tesco make the decisions that drive business performance
- Helping set and iterate KPIs for all pieces of content
- Evaluating campaign and always on performance against KPIs to ensure constant improvement
- Work closely with platform partners, media and creative agencies to craft Test and Learn agendas to help optimise Tesco's content communications
- Evaluating sales performance of campaigns
- Working closely with the Content Optimisation and Social Listening Executive, proactively lead the integration of social listening intelligence into the business
- Increase usage of social listening intelligence across the business
- Develop relationships with the insight team to ensure social intelligence is being used to inform proposition
- Satisfy senior stakeholder requirements regarding data visualisation
- Produce and distribute social intelligence reports, ensuring consistency and actionability
- Coach and support the Content Optimisation and Social Listening Assistant, helping them to set and achieve clear objectives and create impact.
- Support on crafting Tesco's content strategy across different channels, gathering data to help drive decision making
- Build strong, working relationships with planning, performance and campaign teams that help champion the strategic and tactical decisions that the content team is making. Upskill those teams on the strategic positioning of the team
- Work with wider business units such as technology and online to influence the implementation of appropriate pixels and tracking tools, which in turn allow the team to assess the performance of the content.
- Work closely with platform partners (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) etc. to stay up to date with the latest measurement and campaign optimisation developments across the social media landscape
The Ideal Candidate
So that's what we'd expect job-wise. As for what we're looking for in the right person, besides living and breathing social media, you'll have:
- a tenacious can-do attitude and a willingness to challenge the status quo
- working experience of content production and/or distribution across a range of channels, particularly social media channels
- a keen eye for spotting trends and themes from sets of qualitative and quantitative data
- an understanding customer behaviours in the retail industry and how they've changed over time
- a passion for data driven decision making
- a solid grasp of basic mathematics; an understanding of statistics would be a bonus
- strong Microsoft Excel skills
- excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to juggle competing priorities and requirements to make sure you hit deadlines
- the ability to build strong and productive relationships with both internal and external teams - and you'll know how to get the best out of content and social agencies.
- a sociable type who enjoys working as part of a (dare we say lively, dynamic and fun) team
- well organised, flexible, pragmatic, creative and a lateral thinker
- able to present work to people of all levels and disciplines
- funny - in a good way.
About The Company
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop - whether they're at home, out shopping, on the move, or anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired: whatever they're looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; focused, determined and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forward. In return, we offer an exciting role, a great team, an excellent benefits package, and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds good, we'd love to hear from you.
The position is based at our Welwyn Garden City Office, with 2 days a week in central London.
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses